KTcerberus

AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

It's RS, although I've been told that there's a typo in the NSN number! Friday night special, obviously ;)

I've had two Madbull ones and a SOCOM Gear one, so I thought why not invest in my favourite RIS? Biggest difference aside from the overall quality is the colour. The RS really is brown - not copper.

I particularly liked this - so helpful :D

9a7206de24b37232e6197d74e6f89808_zpsc5f3

Edited by The Reptile House

I've had two Madbull ones and a SOCOM Gear one, so I thought why not invest in my favourite RIS? Biggest difference aside from the overall quality is the colour. The RS really is brown - not copper.

D@mn true.

If only I could afford real RIS II / mk18, I wouldn't touch MB even with a stick.

But You know what Guys ? As long as I don't see Madbull compared to RS, it's not that big deal :D.

;)

• Like 1

As it has been said many times before coloration varies from batch to batch with both clones and the RS. The finish seems to be less consistent with the replicas, but I had a socom gear one that looked pretty much spot on. I never compared to to a real one, but from literally every picture I saw mine looked spot on. I have seen plenty of others that also look pretty much perfect, as well as plenty that just look awful.

What are you going to install it to? I really wonder how it would fit. I am begging you to post pictures about it! :D

Prime PTW upper, until I can get an RS one.

I've got a Matech rear BUIS and an old skool YHM front on the way. Eventually I'll get hold of a KAC taupe front - but I've seen the YHM flip-up sight in early Block II upper pics.

As we speak of anodization I believe difference between RS and MB RIS II series is to big to be just technological and it's done by purpose...

• Like 1

Noveske, that is begging for a better muzzle break.

Lol, interestingly enough, I was trying to replicate Stickman's build:

Stck_3434-A-1024-Stick.jpg

I don't mind going with another flashider/brake, but I prefer one which is the same length as the A2 birdcage to keep it short.  Thought about a KAC TBB or a BCE 1.0, any other suggestions?

• Like 1

My suggestion is simple. May A2 be with You. Always.

Leave it as it is.

;)

Sometimes "better" is "to much".

• Like 1

This is the one I am "more or less" trying to replicate atm.

26190777020453044114744665369110444n.jpg

Just waiting for my American Defense mount to arrive...

Edited by Ivan le Fou

This is the one I am "more or less" trying to replicate atm.

Just waiting for my American Defense mount to arrive...

Basing on MRP ? That would be really nice...