WE P228 and G19 prototypes

kenxin

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, got to love the internetz, folk dismissing quality before an item has been released, that's like saying almost every brand outside Japan is p00p beause there's very few non jp manufacturers that got off to a good start, now Taiwan is stepping up their game, briing it on :)

I've owned (sad as f***) likely near 200 pistols (GBB) over the past 15 years, recycling them to keep the new gun addiction up, most being WA/Tanaka/Marui/KSCjp, I never was a fan of the cheap cr*p but HK3p, they can make a gun :)

I mean the slide looks like it's actually well milled from good aluminum...

Being prototypes it's quite likely the slide is milled from aluminium but I really can't see them doing anything other than a standard cast slide for the actual production ones, not at the sort of price WE pistols tend to retail for.

Being prototypes it's quite likely the slide is milled from aluminium but I really can't see them doing anything other than a standard cast slide for the actual production ones, not at the sort of price WE pistols tend to retail for.

Far from it, the WE* or HK3* Glock 17 is CNC'd and anodized. I am positive the Glock 19 will be the same. Also, he quality internally and externally of my HK3 Glock is far better than me TM Glock ... Inside and out.

Far from it, the WE* or HK3* Glock 17 is CNC'd and anodized. I am positive the Glock 19 will be the same. Also, he quality internally and externally of my HK3 Glock is far better than me TM Glock ... Inside and out.

Never knew the HK G17 was CNC'ed, that's great to know. Hopefully the 228 with also be in the CNC department

I'm excited about the G19. That'll allow me to practice concealed carry. Regarding the HK3P, if it is the same as the WE version, I wouldn't say it's an improvement inside and out compared to the TM Glock. I've handled 3 WE Glocks now, they were good for the price but I wouldn't say great:

• The WE mags didn't work well with TM G17s (though they seemed fine with WE G17s)

• the hop up arm needed modification in order to actually have a significant effect on the BBs

• the plastic is a bit more brittle than the TM version with a more pronouced seam line along the frame's center

But for the price, it's hard to beat, and pretty much all those deficiencies were relatively easy to fix in some way.

The best Glock I've ever seen OOTB, was the G17 by StarkArms. I tested a sample and that gun was upgraded extensively nicely in it's stock condition. PDI style V-hold bucking, TBB, enhanced recoil spring system. Nice trigger. Great accuracy. Fantastic finish on the frame and slide. No idea if it'll ever come to market, but I was very impressed with it.

That said, I'll definitely check out the HK3P version of the G19 if it ever comes out.

What will be funny is if TM come out with a 19 in the future, would be a reverse of the norm where WE copy their models.

Makes sence for the 19 to come out, from what Ive read its a pretty popular model and good for Marui (and those based on) Glock owners to have the option as KSC/KWA owners.

What will be funny is if TM come out with a 19 in the future, would be a reverse of the norm where WE copy their models.

Makes sence for the 19 to come out, from what Ive read its a pretty popular model and good for Marui (and those based on) Glock owners to have the option as KSC/KWA owners.

Hate to point this out but KJ Glock 23, aside from an enlarged bore, is the same as a 19 in size terms. :P

But still a few more Glock sizes from Marui wouldn't go a miss.

'FireKnife'

You got it already? XD

I've handled 3 WE Glocks now, they were good for the price but I wouldn't say great:

• the hop up arm needed modification in order to actually have a significant effect on the BBs

Hmm really? On the HK3P the hop up arm was okay, there wasn't any need to mod it at all. Perhaps there ARE differences other than the trades when comparing the WE and the HK3P G17...I was always under the assumption they were the same functionality-wise.

I'm excited about the G19. That'll allow me to practice concealed carry. Regarding the HK3P, if it is the same as the WE version, I wouldn't say it's an improvement inside and out compared to the TM Glock. I've handled 3 WE Glocks now, they were good for the price but I wouldn't say great:

• The WE mags didn't work well with TM G17s (though they seemed fine with WE G17s)

• the plastic is a bit more brittle than the TM version with a more pronouced seam line along the frame's center

But for the price, it's hard to beat, and pretty much all those deficiencies were relatively easy to fix in some way.

The best Glock I've ever seen OOTB, was the G17 by StarkArms. I tested a sample and that gun was upgraded extensively nicely in it's stock condition. PDI style V-hold bucking, TBB, enhanced recoil spring system. Nice trigger. Great accuracy. Fantastic finish on the frame and slide. No idea if it'll ever come to market, but I was very impressed with it.

That said, I'll definitely check out the HK3P version of the G19 if it ever comes out.

I would not agree the plastic is brittle. It is a nylon fiber of sorts, and feels really solid. My hop up arm is fine and my mags interchange with my TM very well. Everything about the HK3 is the same or better than the TM as of this point. I also now know quite a few people with HK3 glock, I just ordered 4 of them for friends and I, and all are hop up systems are doing great (excel .25) .....

Pardon me for doubting you, but are you absolutely certain that the WE or HK3 g17 is CNCd? because I have the px4 upper from HK3 and it sure as hell is cast (and not annodized, more like spray-painted).

I doubt very much that for the price you're getting CNCd aluminum.

You got it already? XD

Yeah, I ordered a ton of stuff at the airport when I got off the train, I had a few hours to hang out :) .... MRP kit is OTW, and I found the Crusader Selectors at KICBB in Taiwan. My HK3 Glock is looking good, and I would be more than happy to purchase it over a Tokyo Marui if it was the same price or a bit higher. I am sure the Glock 19 will be no exception....

So what is up with these Sig's? I never checked one out in HK... I will when I come back :) ........ Are they WE made or HK3 produced?

I would not agree the plastic is brittle. It is a nylon fiber of sorts, and feels really solid.

My observations are from the standpoint of having re-contoured and stippled the frames of 3 TM Glocks, 2 Guarder Glocks, 2 WE Glocks, 3 KWA/KSC Glocks, 2 KWA ATPs. Beyond how the guns feel in the hand, you discover much more about their frames' plastics when you start filing/dremeling/sanding the hell out of them, polishing, filling internal molding bubbles and then figuring out the correct melt point to stipple each one. You figure out which brands have a lot of internal bubbles, which are brittle and break up easily, which melt quickly, which get soft and weak when the wall thickness is too thin etc.

I'll check out the HK3P Glocks to see how it compares to the WE Glocks, but I'd be surprised if the plastic was any different.

Pardon me for doubting you, but are you absolutely certain that the WE or HK3 g17 is CNCd? because I have the px4 upper from HK3 and it sure as hell is cast (and not annodized, more like spray-painted).

I doubt very much that for the price you're getting CNCd aluminum.

You know youre comparing two different guns, even if theyre from the same manufacturer build quality and materials arent necessarily going to be the same. Not that it proves anything but i think the HK online retailers also claim it to be CNC.

Just out of curiosity (and since NonEx brought it up) can anyone compare the WE to the HK3? I am two days away from buying one of the gen 4 g17s and would like to know of any differences.

Archived