New TM products at the Tokyo Hobby Show 2013

bladerunner168

Never really got the thing about Japanese guns blowing valves on Green Gas, especially NBBs. I know some are more fragile, but my Marushin Derringer takes Guarder Powerful gas just fine, never leaked. Marui revolvers were meant to be 134a only so they didn't blow up, mine worked with Green fine (Although it did shoot all 4 shots half the time..) My Tanaka revolvers are happy with propane and I don't think I've ever had a TM magazine leak/dump gas due to using Guarder Gas/Propane. Just take care of them and I really can't see any problems, especially with TM.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's on a case by case basis. My chrome Marushin SAA holds green gas fine while my black version had to be fixed with sealant. Super Blackhawk holds gas like a champ. All my TM Detonics mags leaked eventually (suspect shrunk o-ring and stupid pinned design) while my 5-7 mags never leaked at all. Marushin Mateba leaked green gas under a month of use, even on 134a due to the main gasket having shrunk down. Tanaka M500 started to leak after a few years mostly from having to open it several times to change the valve o-ring and some o-rings in the process got a bit damaged. ACM M500 shotgun never held gas until plugged up.

Well, it's not ALL bad.

We're getting both the HK45 and M&P. Looks like both full frame and compact USPs are in the works as well.
On the other hand, they slapped a "devgru" sticker on their HK416 just to mine some cash out of fools' pockets.
Oh, and for some obscure reason, they're releasing an M4 that comes with a *fruitcage* MP3 player of sorts. *fruitcage* knows why.

Nickel plated VSR-10 and AKSU, Some revolvers, and of course, more mothertrucking M9s.

Oh, and that Tavor we all drooled over? It's a "boys" version apparently, according to Echigoya.
All in all: More bad than good, but at least there's SOMETHING good.

http://echigoya.militaryblog.jp/e473367.html

Never really got the thing about Japanese guns blowing valves on Green Gas, especially NBBs.

Same, with the exception of the Maruzen Micro UZI I used to have (poor mag design anyway) none of my Japanese made magazines have ever leaked on green gas, not even my TM Mk23 mag or my NBB gas in grip AMT Hardballer which people always say can't handle anything more than 134a.

On the flip side I'd had Chinese made Glock magazines which arrived unable to hold gas at all, a KJ/STTI Mk23 mag that started leaking heavily within a week which had only had 134a in it, my Taiwanese KSC USP .45 mag which promtly started leaking on 134a and required a repair and various Chinese made moscarts which arrived either with missing parts, torn o-rings or just generally leaking.

Anyone thinking of putting liquid Co2 into a regular gas magazine is a fool anyway, that said I'd trust a TM mag to hold it more than I would most other brands.

Really? The only reason I haven't got them for my (non marui) MK23 is their apparent dislike of green gas. I've heard all sorts of tales of them blowing seals on green, maybe that was in hotter climates though?

Not even that, I've had my Mk23 for a bit over 6 years and it's been stored/used with green gas for that entire time without springing a single leak, much better than the STTI Mk23 which I bought prior to that where the mag couldn't even handle 134a.

Well, it's not ALL bad.

We're getting both the HK45 and M&P. Looks like both full frame and compact USPs are in the works as well.

On the other hand, they slapped a "devgru" sticker on their HK416 just to mine some cash out of fools' pockets.

Oh, and for some obscure reason, they're releasing an M4 that comes with a *fruitcage* MP3 player of sorts. *fruitcage* knows why.

Nickel plated VSR-10 and AKSU, Some revolvers, and of course, more mothertrucking M9s.

Oh, and that Tavor we all drooled over? It's a "boys" version apparently, according to Echigoya.

All in all: More bad than good, but at least there's SOMETHING good.

http://echigoya.militaryblog.jp/e473367.html

i guess it was as bad as we thought it was going to be. the "MP3" player is a sound feedback device. they released a VSR-10 version last month and said there was an up coming M4 version, and this is it. its not entirely surprising, but still disappointing.

the new M9 is an AEP. they said a long time ago that it would be done. so better late than never if you wanted a regular M9 AEP for those of you living in the arctic circle.

the Tayver is a Boys version. why in the hell did they make a boys tayver? only god knows.

excited for the HK45 but the M&P still looks unfinished. looks like they just painted the resin cast black and stuck it on a new display so that they could show us the USPs. speaking of which, why make the USP and USPc at all? you have already released the updated version of the USP [HK .45] why not just make an updated version of the USPc [HK P30]?

TM is starting to make less and less sense. just give me a VZ61 GBB...

why make the USP and USPc at all? you have already released the updated version of the USP [HK .45] why not just make an updated version of the USPc [HK P30]?

If anything, I'd say neither the P30 or the HK45 makes much "sense". Sure, those are nice, but they are "civilian" only pistols. USPs are still "relevant", they are the most widespread HK pistols in police and military service in the world.

TM probably is going to release just  "boring" USP9c/USP40, but I'd say they could still surprise us with those. Imagine a P10/P8 with the white plastic magazines, or a USP9SD. At least we can expect plenty of aftermarket parts and metal slides... etc.

If TM wanted a truly new and sexy HK gun, they should have gone for the MK 24 Mod 0 (HK45ct). After all, is the only HK pistol in the US military and the updated version of the obsolete Mk23.

(By the way, nice sig quote you got there, KSC is doomed! hahaha)

How on earth are they civillian pistols?

The P30 is in widespread use with police forces around the world, and the HK45 platform was adopted by NSW just a few years ago.
And we need a proper USP 9mm and USP .40S&W

New guns is always a good thing. An umpteenth Beretta variant, which apart from glocks and 1911s has to be the most common sidearm out there, we could've done without.

I hope and have a feeling the full size USP may be the 9mm in contrast to the KSC/KWA offering and think I have read someone confirm that somewhere.

I know more than one person who loves the USP range but had major problems with the triggers on theirs so this will be welcome when they appear. I too would prefer them to go different with the HK P30 which is used by Police and security forces all over the world just like the PX4 they made a few years ago but just with a little less screen time.

The HK45C would have made more sense seeming the SEALs use them but they had already begun to produce this one... Marui's range does seem to be going very H&K centric these days with recent releases of the GBB MP7, M320 and incoming HK45 and 2 different USP models.

How on earth are they civillian pistols? [...] the HK45 platform was adopted by NSW just a few years ago.

The HK45 and P30 are in use only by police/civilians. Not issed to any military unit as far I know. The smaller HK45ct (compact tactical) with supressor was the model finaly adopted as the Mk24 Mod 0 by NSW.

I hope and have a feeling the full size USP may be the 9mm in contrast to the KSC/KWA offering and think I have read someone confirm that somewhere.

If you look at the frame rail of the TM USP prototype and compare it to a real USP, it's the 9mm/.40 version. The .45 it's slightly bigger. I hope it's the USP9, but since TM already has a USP40 springer and AEP...

Wait I come back to find that the HK.45 has the nicer stippled grip, that the M&P9 will have the safety lever and that TM are going to make a USP that isn't the .45 model?

msx5.png

The Tavor, AK, M4 and all the other stuff? I am a pistols man, I don't really care. The rest well see above.

'FireKnife'

• 3 weeks later...

WANT:

1. Heavy weight SPAS-12 Gas powered shell-based shotgun with foldoing metal "hook" stock

2. Heavy weight SPAS-12 Gas powered shell-based shotgun with foldoing metal "hook" stock

3. Heavy weight SPAS-12 Gas powered shell-based shotgun with foldoing metal "hook" stock

4. Heavy weight SPAS-12 Gas powered shell-based shotgun with foldoing metal "hook" stock

EXPECT:

1. No heavy weight SPAS-12 Gas powered shell-based shotgun with foldoing metal "hook" stock of any kind

2. SPAS-12 Gas powered shell-based shotgun without stock

3. SPAS-12 Gas powered shell-based shotgun with fixed stock

4. SPAS-12 Gas powered shell-based shotgun with plastic folding stock or non-hook version

Oh, and if anyone else in the world cares, I would like a full metal CO2 MICRO UZI pistol. Thanks. KWC?

Archived