54th Sizuoka Hobby Show 2015 Tokyo Marui teaser

Zereck

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't get it, TM designs possibly one of the coolest systems released to date yet people still has to complain that it doesn't have some feature.    I just don't get it.

*fruitcage* yeah for TM continuing to innovate.  

I just can't get it, TM designs possibly one of the coolest systems released to date yet people still has to complain that it doesn't have some feature. I just don't get it.

*fruitcage* yeah for TM continuing to innovate.

I just imagine people buying it, jacking up the ROF to full retard level and making the game unfun. A more realistic ROF (in my opinion) balances out the game a little more. But that's just me. Otherwise I'm good with this. Making it non-shell ejecting is a smart move since most consumers don't want the hassle of picking up shells after a skirmish. The only thing that'll hold back most buyers is the size of the thing. If it's anything like the RS which I've tried, it's pretty massive.

First I have heard of any ghk ar problems, I don't own one, but I was playing around with the idea of getting the ra tech aac 300 ghk, but wanted to wait and see if the marui system was better. The fact they are being cerakoted at suzutomo means the finish will be as good as it gets, his work is truly amazing, the best selling point of the marui AR.

Don't get me wrong, by far out of all the GBBRs I've owned, GHK m4 has been the best. I've had my fair share of other gbbrs including VFCs, KWA LM4s, etc. It definitely closes the gap a little more but still has me wanting a bit more. And yeah, the cerokote finish i would love, sometime i can leave in front of me just to admire... even though i already own real rifles and i fawn over those from time to time. The m4 marui gbbrs can sit next to them. 

Also, I'm extremely surprised with the AA12 release!!!!! I doubt a majority of us saw that coming but it's a welcomed surprise. Curious to see what it can do but good to have a new model to be seen on the airsoft field potentially. 

I just imagine people buying it, jacking up the ROF to full retard level and making the game unfun. A more realistic ROF (in my opinion) balances out the game a little more. But that's just me.

That can be said of any other AEGs though.

Also, since there's only 1 feed line from the mag, It's unlikely you'll be able to feed the gun at ridiculous ROFs given that it has to chamber at least 3 times per shot.

Then there's also the huge brass cylinder which means that the gun has a long piston stroke.  To boost ROF higher people are already short-stroking AEG gearsets to get ~40+ rps.  Given that it seems like 1 cylinder provides all the air to push bbs out of 3 barrels, I don't think you can really increase the ROF by as much as your current AEG systems, and if you did you'd have to short stroke to avoid pre-engagement of the piston, which means you'll have to sacrifice the air volume in the cylinder due to short stroking, which therefore means the ceiling for FPS will also be reduced.  Since the inner barrels seem to be quite long, plus you've got 3 of them, I don't think you can raise the ROF on the TM AA-12 without reducing fps drastically.

Anyway, I'm just going by the pics.  Would be fun if you can push the ROF higher than stock but it's a lot more challenging than doing it on a standard AEG.

Actually if I were to buy one I'd do the opposite of increasing ROF. I would slow it down to the RS spec of 5 RPS. Also, it's pretty cool that the midcap mag holds 90 rounds and therefore 30 shots. The RS drum mag holds 32 rounds/shots. Pretty close (though the midcap isn't a drum).

Yeah. Volume is at a premium In the design. I bet the highest you can get, after shortaning the barrels, not counting the feed system, is 25RPS.

I'm extatic about the release. I'm going to start saving money for it now.

However, though I doubt it, I hope it has a semi auto mode. For milsim and CQB games.

EDIT: after looking at the hyperdouraku article, I can see that it does indeed have a safe-semi-auto selector switch.

And that gearbox is MASSIVE.

Actually if I were to buy one I'd do the opposite of increasing ROF. I would slow it down to the RS spec of 5 RPS. Also, it's pretty cool that the midcap mag holds 90 rounds and therefore 30 shots. The RS drum mag holds 32 rounds/shots. Pretty close (though the midcap isn't a drum).

Exactly what I was thinking. An AA-12 shouldn't be some kind of ROF monster............it would just be downright wrong. 

Looks like the box mag has a 90rnd capacity so w/ the stock ROF it'd empty out in a few seconds which sorta balances out the ROF monster issue.

Drum mag on the other hand... well... I guess there's a reason to actually get that super bulky mag lol.

Yep, apparently the lower two barrels' hop-ups are offset so adjusting the hop-ups gives you 'spread' rather than just elevation.

Anyway, this has reminded me why I don't mind being a TM fanboy. Without any hint or warning, TM have dropped this on us - another totally new system that appears to be light-years ahead of the competition. I hope it proves to be less problematic than the M870, and I think the M4 MWS will make more of an impact, but c'mon - TM are leaving the rest of the market far, far behind. I for one am not holding out much hope for Silverback's effort now.

The Man from Tokyo marui opened his eyes, with the slightest of movement he opened a hand it showed us a glimpse of the fair future, feeling rebuked and undone with no true desires the masses swayed and looked away.

In this moment we were undone for the Man from Tokyo Marui had already prepared his other hand, with a great sigh felt throughout the lands he unveiled his AA-12 ... the crowds swelled to there most and fell to their knees in awe and silence at such magnificance.

The Man from Tokyo Marui fed upon this his smile never dimming, nothing but enlightenment and a deep dark thirst showing in his eyes.

But serously FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- ... we were all sideswiped and it was magnificant! :D

Whaaaa? AA12?  God damn TM.  I was not expecting that.  My first TM AEG methinks.  Will do until a GBBR one comes along I suppose.

Pics of the rest here. Hi-Cappa - meh, Beretta is an updated M9 GBB, M4 seems to be delayed.

http://www.popularairsoft.com/tokyo-marui-unveils-aa-12-aes-54th-shizuoka-hobby-show

Archived