My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

So, Rockstar.

They have an Award for GTA called Over Achiever which you get by completing all three of your daily duties for 28 consecutive days.

On Saturday I logged on to play, checked my Dailies and then accepted an invitation to a private session.

Whilst in a private session I checked again and they were all different.

That had happened to my mate before and he had lost hos progress.

My heart sank.

I checked them and sure enough, all my progress had gone.

21 days of progress, lost.

I complained and Rockstar gave me 500,000 GTA dollars and said basically, "tough".

I feel empty and discouraged.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a doozy for ya: I walk a mile in the rain to the bus stop (mind you, I live in a suburb; not too many bus stops around here), to go to work... get this... to drive people to their bus stop. My job has a program to drive people to their bus stops so they don't have to to walk. Irony is when my shift ends, so does the shuttle. So, I have to walk to my bus stop; a mile and a half away, to catch the bus, that takes me to the transit center, catch my bus, then wait two hours to get to where I live, then walk another mile to my house.

That alone doesn't bother me. Noooo, it's the entitled little babies that refuse to get out of the shuttle because they might get a wittle wet. Oh no, not rain!

Shop called me today and the Jeep needs a $1000 worth work to pass inspection. I asked the guy if society creates serial killers, and he didn't get it.

Flatmates haven't paid in for rent or utilities yet, despite the rent/bills being due on the 1st, and despite me telling them last *fruitcage* week that they need to pay in rent and utilities BEFORE the 1st.

Sigh.

So much for a career in special needs education, eh?

I'm tired and off. Last Friday, they finally got around to breaking ground on the construction of new subway station next to my home, so the traffic's all sorts of *fruitcage*ed and I have to walk absurdly far to get on the bus. Sure, they canceled only two lines and redirected most of the rest to stop by the nearest subway station, so I'm able to get to work on time, but the idiocy of stop placement gets on my nerves.

Also, I'm assuming I'll end up with seriously sore throat by the end of the week.

Girlfriend probably has cancer.

This is a problem I cannot fix and I don't know what I am doing.

*suitcase*. The best thing to do is get her on treatment right away. Your GP should be doing this already, but the faster you start treatment the better the chances.

Don't treat this as a death knell, because statistically it probably isn't. Remember that you live in a country with one of the best health services in the world and that women have a much higher survival rate than men. Remember that 50% of people in the UK who are diagnosed with Cancer survive it. Remember that if the mind gives up the body follows.

And please, don't fritter money away on snake oil. The amount of people I've known who have lost loved ones to cancer because they were too busy spending tens of thousands of pounds on herbal supplements and homeopathic remedies and cannabis oil backrubs instead of getting actual treatments which have been properly assessed with known sucess rates is horrifying.

Best of luck to both of you, but keep your chins up. We've all got our fingers crossed.

Girlfriend probably has cancer.

This is a problem I cannot fix and I don't know what I am doing.

*fruitcage* hell bud.

I can only re-iterate the advice given here.

And, you said 'probably', so she also may not have cancer. As said though, it's not always a death sentence.

It's still *fruitcage* *suitcase* though.

Thanks guys, it really means a lot.

We're being hopeful that she doesn't, but realistically she probably has. Her sister has just had breast cancer and their mum and both grandmothers died of it. Her dad also has prostate cancer. Genetics is not on her side.

Her GP has referred her for urgent testing, but she thinks that given the form of the irregularity it probably is.

And don't worry, neither of us is daft enough to go down the snake oil route.

Not to detract from what happened on the last page, but I finally got some news on the missing box of my airsoft replicas.

1) Box dimensions were in the order of 40cm cubed, so my MP5a2 and G3a3 are still unaccounted for.

2) HK post have not received it, and it left the UK 3-4 months ago, so it's almost certainly lost now

3) My friend in HK who so spectacularly failed to send this on time or with tracking details didn't declare the full value of the package.

4) Here's what's missing:

1x Classic Army G3a3 with RIS foreend, PTS Multicam QD suppressor and G&G MSG90 full stock, Prometheus 6.05mm inner barrel, SHS 13:1 gears, Lonex A1 motor, Mosfet unit, Guarder G3 bore up cylinder set

1x SRC MP5a2 with steel body, slim foregrip and full stock, GATE MERF 3.2 mosfet, SHS 13:1 gearset, Prometheus 6.05mm inner barrel

1x AY Specter SMG with 7 magazines

1x TM hicapa 5.1 with guarder slide and TK lower grip in black, internally UAC low weight blowback unit, PDI 6.01mm barrel, PDI recoil spring, recoil rod and front bushing and Gunsmith Bros Steel trigger/sear/hammer set

1x TM hicapa 7" with Nineball compensator frame and plastic slide in black with PDI 6.05mm MP7 inner barrel

1x KJW 5.1" hicapa with polymer grip in black (KP08) with PDI 6.01mm inner barrel

1x WE Hicapa 5.1” with a RDS mounted on the rear sight, an extended magazine and a suppressor

1x WE Makarov with brown grips

1x ARMY Gold MEU with TWI compensator in black, PDI 6.01mm inner barrel, PDI recoil spring, recoil rod and front bushing and Gunsmith Bros Steel trigger/sear/hammer set

1x KJW KP07 MEU with TWI compensator in silver, PDI 6.01mm inner barrel, PDI recoil spring, recoil rod and front bushing and Gunsmith Bros Steel trigger/sear/hammer set

1x KJW P226 with Guarder Metal body and slide kit with full markings, Guarder steel P226 outer barrel in black, Guarder steel recoil rod in black, guarder steel trigger, sear and hammer set in black, UAC lightweight blowback chamber, PDI 6.01mm inner barrel and a Shooter Design recoil spring

1x KJW P229

1x KJW CZ75 (KP09) APLUS custom with real trademarks, real wood grips and a stainless steel barrel, falcon 6.03mm tightbore inner barrel, Falcon hard hop-up rubber and R hop.

1x KJW P-09 with a threaded barrel in black

1x Tercel M712

1x KWC M712

1x AceArms OPS suppressor in black

8x TM hicapa 5.1 magazines

5x KJW green gas magazines for the CZ75 (KP-09)

5x KJW Green gas magazines for the P09

5x TM extended magazines for the 1911s

5x magazines for the WE Makarov

5x WE standard P226 magazines for the P226

4x extended WE P226 magazines for the P226

Cost to replace at retail HK street prices:

G3 $3000

MP5a2 $2500

Spectre + mags $1000

TM hicapa 5.1 $3000

TM hicapa 7” $3000

KJW 5.1 kp08 $1200

WE 5.1 $2000

WE Makarov with grips + mags $2000

ARMY Gold MEU $3000

KJW Kp07 $3000

KJW P226 + mags $5000

KJW P229 $800

KJW KP-09 plus mags $2500

KJW P-09 plus mags $2000

Tercel M712 $500

KWC M712 $1200

Acearms ops Suppressor $800

8x tm 5.1 hicapa magazines $2400

5x extended M1911 magazines $2000

Total: $40,900HKD

Plus the $5000HKD I gave him in cash to cover the postage costs (which totaled $2500HKD) and the fact that I also gifted him my knife/machete collection and a midnight gold finished Tanaka M500 6" Hunter variant.

Plus the fact that they don't make the MP5a2 grip sets anymore, or the TWI compensators, or the Goldplated MEU, or the PDI 6.05mm Raven barrels, or the KP-09 CZ75s with engraved markings, or the Nineball 7" compensator frame kits, or the G&G MSG90 stocks, or the OPS suppressors.

*fruitcage* excellent.

Sigh.

Scorch, here is something that is going to come across as extremely selfish, but it is important. Make sure you have a bit of time to yourself each day. Could be fifteen minutes or an hour, just time away. Hopefully it's not cancer, but if it is you do need to recharge and also relax. As and when you can, read a book or just something that takes you away. If you appear level headed it can help someone who is going through treatment to know that you are doing fine. It can be a rock for them, that they don't have to worry about you. It's kind of hard to explain and I wish I could word it better.

Sorry to hear your girlfriend and you are going through this, but if you ever need a talk just send us a pm.

*suitcase* really sorry to hear that Scorch.. as the others have said If you need someone to talk to we are all here, I'm sure any one of us would be happy to chat. I also would want to echo what Hak has said above.. You've got to keep yourself straight for your own good, as well as hers and others around you. I hope you're doing ok. 

On a lighter note, mrs tinks phone had a dodgy charging socket, so I duly bought a new one from eBay and set about dismantling the phone to gain access to the solder pads and the like.

Set up my little work station, applied flux and desoldering braid and removed the socket, went to tin the solder pads ready for the new socket and realised my iron was set too high and I'd burnt the solder pads away for the data connection.

*fruitcage*.

So, thanks to Amazon prime she'll have a brank spanker moto g4 tomorrow. Money I'd rather have not spent but it has been slowly on its way out now, plus I get an excuse to get a new dual sim phone in the new year when I start my driving instructing.

Archived