Glock Picture Thread

That is the thing with polishing guns. Is to decide what grit to stop at. As the finer you go the easier scratches are going to show up.

Good job on the polishing tho.

(polishing is one thing I am good at that is why I was talking about it :) )

You couldn't be more right.

Keep in mind too, that gun's polish job has been finished for a year now. So an occasional scratch on a surface that is almost like glass is to be expected.

Its worth the shine and luster of it though IMHO. Because the gun is so reflective and showing images constantly, you really don't see the scratches unless you look at it close and out of direct light. Or, take a pic of it, because my digital camera tends to pick up every scratch, hair, dust particle or whatever to make my picture just that much more imperfect :P.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's my glock 19 ..

Before you guys mention about my polish job.. yup.. it is not perfect yet, still in the process

At the moment what I have done was simply using some fine grit sanding sponge and 1000 grit sanding paper to get rid of the paint, smooth the surface abit.. but I think there are still plenty to do before I am happy with it :)

anyway, enjoy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/ber.../DSCN0918re.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/ber.../DSCN0921re.jpg

You started at 1000 grit? That is pretty fine for removing paint. I started with like 320 or 550 and worked my way to 2000

killtokk -

What set of holster & mag holder is that? Interesting...

There're from FOBUS,

Fobus Tactical adapter with Roto Holster for Glock18

and mag holster for 9mm Magazine for Glock from FOBUS brand too.

its a good option (cheaper tha other Plastic/Kydex/Abs holsters, dont move on you leg, god retention level for the pistol and magazines, this big mags don't move or fall down from the holster, running, jumpling, etc.)

:D:D

Edited by killtokk
hey does anyone know if the G&P metal slide for the KSC g17 has trades on it? and will it fit on a KWA g17?

gahh i cant link it but its on wgcshop

thanks

It has trades but they're not accurate, the barrel chamber even has the numbering for the G18c on it instead of the G17.

As a hardwearing slide it's excellent but on initial fitting it does need careful sanding under the top of the slide where the barrel chamber moves under it when you pull the slide back as it's very tight.

KWA is the same as KSC.

Chris.

Edited by Cerebus
wait so does it come with the barrel as well, im talking about the one on WGC shop thats only 40$, does it still says Glock 17 and the caliber marking?

thanks, im thinking about doing a Glock Project so thats why im curious

If you're definitely talking about the G&P one then it comes with a slide, barrel, recoil guide and spring and two spare blowback chamber springs (which were very useful for replacing the springs in my G18c which were mangled by the shyster I bought it from). Here they cost from £30 - £40 depending on the shop which is quite cheap for a complete kit.

The trades on the slide have the correct wording but they're incorrectly sized and positioned and are shallower than they should be. If you're looking to make an accurate collectable display piece then get the more expensive parts.

Chris.