1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try dentrinity.com, they have alot of slides and all. For sure you'll have to order overseas.

hmmm..theres redwolfairsoft.com, WGCshop.com, and those are the only ones I can think of having the kits. Good luck dude in finding those kits.

RedWolf and WGC both have the slide and frame, but I'm looking for the slide, frame, metal rear sight and metal barrel, all made by PGC, in one package. UNCo offers it, but it's not in stock at the moment.

Nice tutorial, Lair!

Did you ever get those grips off your TM PGC 1911?  I had the same problem with mine in that the round nuts that held the grips' screws in, they just spun around and around with the screws preventing me from taking the grips off.  I bought it from UN Company pre-installed but I wasn't that satisfied with the job they did and some of the mags wouldn't gas up right so I demanded that the gun and mags be returned at their expense and a full refund given.  It finally happened this week but dang, it was like pulling teeth.  I still have my two KSC 1911s which I like, but aren't full metal. I may have to look into getting another TM M1911 w/PGC kit sometime soon... only installed the right way.

Question for you guys: Do you guys use High Flow Valves in your TM/PGC M1911s?  I found it was almost impossible to shoot more than 20 rounds with them installed.  Power was a little better, but the loss in capacity sucked. Do you really even need the High Flow valves in these guns?

No i never got my grips off, lol I dont think they are ever coming off, maybe if i stick a strong *albatross* magnet in there to hold the screw sleeve in place?

Anyway i got mine pre made from unco. Treats me really good, its awesome, shoots very far, and very accurate. No problems.

Something slightly different. Still a 1911 single stacker. A S&W 945. This is a full alumium frame and slide kit, with the fishscales from PGC. Has nineball tightbore barrel, firefly valve. Carom grips.high flows in the mags.

You Git! I just traded mt two 945 for a 6" IED, always ment to kit them out in FM.

Oh well, say la vie. Lovely gun enjoy it mate.

No i never got my grips off, lol I dont think they are ever coming off, maybe if i stick a strong *albatross* magnet in there to hold the screw sleeve in place?

Anyway i got mine pre made from unco. Treats me really good, its awesome, shoots very far, and very accurate. No problems.

That's what I suspected. I had a feeling you bought your 1911 at UnCo. too, as both yours and my 1911s had the exact same issue. How do most other people deal with that issue when installing their PGC kits? Do they super glue or lock-tite the nuts in place before screwing the grips on?

how is the sw1911pd? usual WA fayre or something special? it's certainly appealing to me looks-wise :D

amazing photography by the way ;)

edit - I'm off to the parcelfarce depot in a minute to collect my new uncustom M93r, but until then I thought I'd showcase my newly arrived real hogue grips.. nice :D

CIMG0914.jpg

cheers.

Edited by hardboiledcop

HBC- Not my camera, and I wish I could say it was my photography. A friend helped with the pictures.

The SW1911PD is pretty a pretty standard SCW3, although the grips are very nice. I just dont like the S&W magazines, they throw off the look. The rest of the gun is beautiful. It's a pity they dont make aftermarket slides or kits for this gun.

Nice TF's! Where do you guys get the V10s and the kits for these, I thought they were almost impossible to find?

Edited by Chris Ang
TM1911a.jpg

TM1911b.jpg

TM1911A1 with PGC kit, Prowin rear sight, 9Ball outer barrel (a b*tch to fit), 9Ball inner barrel, 9Ball piston, Proud springs, Proud grips.

Do thems grips need any modification to fit?

how is the sw1911pd? usual WA fayre or something special? it's certainly appealing to me looks-wise :D

amazing photography by the way ;)

edit - I'm off to the parcelfarce depot in a minute to collect my new uncustom M93r, but until then I thought I'd showcase my newly arrived real hogue grips.. nice :D

CIMG0914.jpg

cheers.

WoW. Looking good.

zomg a GSR with a full-length recoil rod!

P1010517.jpg

Side thought- I wonder if anyone actually has a metal GSR that's made using the Prime kit and a scw3 GSR? All the metal GSRs I've seen seem to have been assembled before WA released their own GSRs, from other guns. If you can't tell, mine was from a MEU SOC late version.

Then again, I kind of like my bastardized version. Something about the 'legit' GSR hammer makes me sad.

Edited by lightprocess
Does anyone know if the PGC M1911A1 kits are being produced?  Any idea where I could get one?

If I found this in stock somewhere, I'd order it tomorrow.  Also, does anyone know for sure whether or not PGC is supposed to keep churning these out?  I know their WA kits are limited production, but since the TM M1911A1 is not, I can't see why they'd stop making these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can check Evike or Airsoftextreme. I think Evike still carries the PGC kit and Airsoftextreme carries the Guarder kits.

hey this seems like the place to ask this:  does this gun have springfield armory trades on the side opposite to the side that says "model 1911-A1"? 

http://www.uncompany.com/images/wa-milspec...a1cal45_big.jpg

thanx in advance for the help ^^.

I would say, no.