Armalite Picture Thread

I emailed G&P about a month ago asking if they had any plans to release the SR16URX front sets and the answer was no......darn it...I really like 11.5" barrel version, and was hoping to use one with a VFC sr16 body

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can fit any battery cell sizes over 1500mah cells into the battery compartments without mods to the end cap, or putting cells in the buffer itself... At least this is what I have found... Have you found the same? I will be ordering two of the batteries that davedawg told me about tomorrow from cheapbattery packs.com.... Will also contribute to USMCorps tutorial...

I finally finished the tutorial. Check it out here. ( Lots of pics... 56K Warning)

-A

Here is my GR16/M203: (sorry for the bad pics)

arniespics013xg5.jpg

arniespics012vn8.jpg

Parts List:

- GR16 Carbine

- 2Roy M203 Looooong Version

- G&P QD Leaf Sight (- the QD :P )

- 'eBay' aimpoint

Modifications:

- Removed the QD part of the leaf sight and drilled a third hole for a screw. (so it lines up w/ the handguard vents{BTW that is how it is on the RS})

- Used 2 'T-nuts' as well as two screws to attach the leaf sight to the handguard. (The T-nuts allow the inside of the handguard to stay flat.)

- Removed the magority of the gas tube

- By removing the gas tube and using T-nuts it allows me to fit a 8.4v mini bat above the barrel!!! Also it allows me to keep my LE stock!!!(I am not a crane stock person :D )

Edited by -=OGGY=-

here is the item number on ebay for a similar scope... it is the green crosshair version: 270199503702 good price though...

EDIT: Those thumb screws are not the one's that came with that scope. They are from my carry handle.

Edited by -=OGGY=-

Hi guys, sorry to intrude but I have a question.

Will the G&P M4 metal bodies fit straight onto the CA M15A4 carbines, will you be able to use the CA hop up, fire selector etc ???

Which hop up is better, the CA M4 hop or the G&P one that comes with the metal bodies???

Finally, are they hard to fit on???

Thanks and sorry for being a n00b :P

G&P bodies will fit on CA M15 carbines. They aren't very hard to install. From my experience, the only thing that isn't interchangeable is the firing selector switch; I had to buy a Guarder one. Other than that they're good, unless your carbine has a CA RIS, then the receiver/RIS flush problem might come up.

Hi guys, sorry to intrude but I have a question.

Will the G&P M4 metal bodies fit straight onto the CA M15A4 carbines, will you be able to use the CA hop up, fire selector etc ???

I needed to remove the rubber pad from the back of the reciver to fit my gearbox in properly but apart from that there were no problems at all. Its actually easier to remove the gearbox from the G&P body than the CA one imo. My CA selector switch went on too, there is a little play in it tho where the switch is being pushed away from the body by the spring and pin that click it into place but it works fine.

The only part I needed to buy was a new cocking handle as my CA one didnt have any holes in it to attach plastic arm which moves the fake bolt but if you use you CA half bolt you wont have that problem.

Which hop up is better, the CA M4 hop or the G&P one that comes with the metal bodies???

There about the same, they both tend to unwind a little and the rubbers arnt the best but they do the job. King Arms are the best I've used

Finally, are they hard to fit on???

Thanks and sorry for being a n00b :P

The only hard part is getting the forward assist pin in. I ended up using some mole grips to push in the last couple of mm in. If you do the same make sure you pad the ends so you dont scratch the receiver.

The Zombie Killer is a good choice :)