Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been messing w/ my M4 a bit, here is what it looks like currently. Built this guy up from scratch over the last 4 years or so. Started as a TM SR-16.

Now:

Hurricane SR-16 metal body

CA SIR

RS ARMS #40 rear BUIS

Star battle grip

Guarder ACOG (usually EOTech 552)

Star VLTOR clubfoot stock

Guarder 7.5" steel barrel

Madbull Gemtech G5 suppressor

Rico Alpha 9 tac light

s_m4sir_g5.jpg

And my Mk18:

G&P Mk18 Mod 0

Surefire M3 on replica ARMS QD mount

G&P Wilcox AP mount

Replica AP

VFC PEQ

s_mk18_1.jpg

s_mk18_p226_02.jpg

s_mk18_p226_ciras_02.jpg

(Sorry for the blurry photos, photography is not my forte :D)

Finished and if this thing fires anything over 350fps is going in the bin because theres no way in hell i'm opening that pos body up again

PICT0031-4.jpg

PICT0032-3.jpg

I've also managed to loose a spring from the ejection port cover clip when it flew off the gun which is just another thing in a long list of problems with KA bodies.

I thought KA receivers has quick detach features? do tell more about it please?

Its quick detach in the same way as CA and G&P are where you just pop out the front pin and the upper slides off. The only difference with the KA is it holds onto its front pin. The rear pin is the same as every other manufacturer but has a fiddly spring clip to hold it in instead of friction.

The main problem is with its bolt hold feature, its a total pain in the *albartroth* to get the fake bolt in place and then if you have a front wired gun its a pain to get the bolt catch in and working properly due to the wires having to run around the catch. You cant use a plate to hold the wires in like some M4's have as there isnt enough room in the upper for it..

IMO they've come up with a solution to a problem that didnt really exist. If they made it without the bolt catch like G&P bodies they'd have a great product as it has a great finish and the new designed stock tube will be great for rear wired guns but as it stands its just overcomplicated and a pig to fit. Its taken me the best part of 5 hours to get it all together whereas G&P bodies take about an hour tops to put together.

Maybe if they sold them with the uppers factory assembled they'd be better but as they are now I wont be buying another.

Been messing w/ my M4 a bit, here is what it looks like currently. Built this guy up from scratch over the last 4 years or so. Started as a TM SR-16.

Now:

Hurricane SR-16 metal body

CA SIR

RS ARMS #40 rear BUIS

Star battle grip

Guarder ACOG (usually EOTech 552)

Star VLTOR clubfoot stock

Guarder 7.5" steel barrel

Madbull Gemtech G5 suppressor

Rico Alpha 9 tac light

s_m4sir_g5.jpg

And my Mk18:

G&P Mk18 Mod 0

Surefire M3 on replica ARMS QD mount

G&P Wilcox AP mount

Replica AP

VFC PEQ

s_mk18_1.jpg

s_mk18_p226_02.jpg

s_mk18_p226_ciras_02.jpg

(Sorry for the blurry photos, photography is not my forte :D)

How's the weight on the front end of the cqb? I've been thinking of running a peq2 box so i can have a larger battery and change the stock, i take it your running the battery up front? -Hugh

Thanks! I freehanded the camo pattern first. I then cut stencils (freehand) with an exacto knife to make the templates, the proceeded to paint over it as such. In a way, it's almost like 2 paint jobs combined into one.

thanks for that, it just look's too good to use hehe :) The whole spec looks ace too :)

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Jan 9 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry dude, just wanted people to know what weapons i'm talking about when commenting. Just realised it keeps repeating the pics, sorry

In the future, look at the coding. Images have [img] in front, and [/img] and at the end of the image's url. Swap out the "img" with "url"

For example:

[img]test.jpg[/img]

to this:

[url]test.jpg[/url]

That way people can still click the links to see what you're commenting on but the pics themselves don't take up much space on the page. Also, if the original poster posted several pics of the same thing, you really only need to include one pic or its corresponding url when making the comment.

Just something to keep in mind for the future. ;)

This is a little off topic, but I was wondering what vest and kind of pouches those were :D ... VERY nice guns BTW.

Yup, it's a Phantom CIRAS with Phantom CIRAS sling, condor double pistol mag pouch, two condor double m4 pouches, and a maxpedition pistol mag pouch + utility pouch (not sure of the name of the piece of gear itself, but it's those two integrated into one).

@ skyflash

in the last pic, you've got a M4 ( the one without the RIS ), that does not have a standaard rear ironsight. it looks like the diemaco style ironsight, i want something like that SOOOO bad.

where'd you get it, mind giving me a linky ? thnx dude !

i so love that gun