Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, what happened to your G&G RIS?

It didn't fit at all. I even had my local techs look at it and they determined that it wouldn't fit without a lot of heavy modification to the RIS unit and the weapon itself. And, I would never be able to go back to regular grips again. So, I'm either getting a KA CQB-R frontset or the G&P Special forces front set. And I haven't decided on what impression I want to do. I'm thinking maybe Army SF. And to the users of the KA, could I also use my stock 14.5" outer and regular, non folding sight with that front set?

Be aware that the G&P Special Forces kit has no hole for the wires to pass from the receiver through into the inside of the RAS. So you've got to have it wired to the rear or come up with something clever.

Yes, you can use your stock barrel and sight with the KA set, as long as the notches for the pins that hold your front sight on aren't too far back on your 14.5" barrel, thus causing the front sight to be too far back and interfere with the front of the RAS. I doubt it will be a problem.

Edit: to fixed structure of sentence my

Edited by BARsrule2

as you guys found out, i am using a STAR L85 AFV hi-cap in my CAR15 pics. originally i brought it to use in my G36K, and it looked the tits. but ive got rid of the magwell adaptor and gone back to g36 mags now, so i only have the CAR15 to use it in.

for those who crave authenticity...........

DSCN2480smaller.jpg

smaller.jpg

one with a metal body, one without.

cheers

Edited by screamin_weasel
Be aware that the G&P Special Forces kit has no hole for the wires to pass from the receiver through into the inside of the RAS. So you've got to have it wired to the rear or come up with something clever.

Yes, you can use your stock barrel and sight with the KA set, as long as the notches for the pins that hold your front sight on aren't too far back on your 14.5" barrel, thus causing the front sight to be too far back and interfere with the front of the RAS. I doubt it will be a problem.

Edit: to fixed structure of sentence my

thanks, I wanted the KA CQB-R kit more anyways.

its a great kit, very solid and nice material. its not pictured but, the kit also came with a black foregrip and 3 rail panels. All have the KAC trademark and is very good quality. you will need a barrel nut tool to install this, but other then that its pretty easy to install. the ras is very nice, and once installed it is solid as a rock. the barrel is great too. PRI sight is a great little addition to the kit as well.