G3 A3 back for all of you

chas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too bothered about it being a clone, it's a clone of a gun that is discontinued. The only other option is the CA which is also a clone but with stupid trades.

What bothers me is that now my 10 year old, still running Marui G3A3 won't be that special any more.

I will bayonet the first mook who says "Nice gun, is it the JG?"

I would wait 6 years and see if the JG still runs before saying it "owns" a TM or a even CA... Save your money and get the CA, its the best version of it out right now.

Soooo...if the Hyundai made a Supra "clone" for $15,000 would it be just as good? No...but i'm sure people would still buy it and say "I own a Supra!!!"

Don't mind me...i'm anti-clone. Either way I liked the A4 or sg-1. Never liked the OD color nor the skinnyness of the foregrip.

1) JG Gearboxes are re-inforced.

2) JG use steel gears.

3) JG use metal spring guides.

4) JG use a bearing+ported piston head.

5) JG use an irregular pitch spring.

The JG will outlast the TM no question.

I'd still rather have the original not a copy. All my guns are marui based because I respect, support, and trust the company who designed the original gearbox system. That's just my opinion. I am glad however as an airsoft enthusiast that companies other than marui are making different models (including discontinued marui ones) so that others who love the model/brand/style of the gun can purchase one. Especially those w/o money or who are new to airsoft. Back when i first started airsoft if guns like these came out my bank account would have been much happier. All I had to choose from were marui, systema and killer studios and teh internetz had just started (28.8k woohoo!!!) But it's one of those things where you grow up with something...you kind of stick with it.

1) JG Gearboxes are re-inforced.

2) JG use steel gears.

3) JG use metal spring guides.

4) JG use a bearing+ported piston head.

5) JG use an irregular pitch spring.

The JG will outlast the TM no question.

Well, I question it... Clone aegs don't walk on water because they steal performance part designs and knock them off with varying degrees of quality. Their is no point in arguing over JG, Echo, A&K; they all come from the same factory assembled by the same workers. Classic Army's prolines are as close to bullet proof out of the box as you're going to get from the Chinese and even they run into quality issues.

I'd still take a TM and pay the extra for the piece of mind. Last AEG I bought was a TM MC51; three years and no problems. Spring. Bushings. The rest of the mech is stone stock. Almost 200,000 rounds fired. JG hasn't been around long enough to fairly compare, but I don't think a JG gun will run that long with that many rounds through it....

Back when i first started airsoft if guns like these came out my bank account would have been much happier. All I had to choose from were marui, systema and killer studios and teh internetz had just started (28.8k woohoo!!!) But it's one of those things where you grow up with something...you kind of stick with it.

I bought my first AEG, a TM AUG, for $350 used in 1998. I sold it to a friend and it still works to this day.

The "clones am bad" and "TM is better" topics has been done to death! Like it or not clones are here to stay, they now enjoy a large market audience. They are well built even if they're not always well put together. Yes, they lack trademarks but for the price you pay you get a decent AEG that comes out the box doing 330-350fps plus, will it last longer than a TM? Who cares you paid a fraction of the price for it!

I got interested when I first looked at it, but then went back to the (JG) SG/1 again. Hopefully, the furniture will be available seperately. I was planning on getting the G3 SG/1 and turning it into a complete G3 system, using the real furniture kit in the case of the A3. But the real grip doesn't fit. But A3, A4, SG/1, and KA4. One heck of a gun.

when you talka about the batery not fitting in the handguard... do you talk about CETME wood kits or the plastic handguard? as I have a TM G3A4 years ayoand a mini batery fits perfectly in it, even a 9.6 volts. :/

People are still apprehensive on the whole MOSFETs and Lipos over here.. Seems the yanks are more clued up/trusting than us.

I for one would like to see a review before a buy, as it means a whole new set of pouches...

when you talka about the batery not fitting in the handguard... do you talk about CETME wood kits or the plastic handguard? as I have a TM G3A4 years ayoand a mini batery fits perfectly in it, even a 9.6 volts. :/

Don't get a CETME wood kit, get a G3 wood kit. Their is a huge difference, but I don't think either hand gaurd will house a battery with out significant wood work.

Don't be, they are win all around.

Don't they explode if charged incorrectly?

Until they set fire. Which Ive heard happening to plenty in RC boating use, with enough first-hand stories to really concern me.

I see where you're coming from but I have never had a problem with any of the various lipolys I have owned nor has any of the many friend I know who run them. I live in Washington state and it's very wet. That combined with how little care I give my guns makes me think I'm a fairly good test subject. Boats on the other hand are a whole different story, batteries and water never mix well.

People are still apprehensive on the whole MOSFETs and Lipos over here.. Seems the yanks are more clued up/trusting than us.

I for one would like to see a review before a buy, as it means a whole new set of pouches...

I ran a lipoly and MOSFET on my old Mk14 before I even heard anyone say a word about there being issue with doing so. I never had a problem.

Don't they explode if charged incorrectly?

Yes but using a lipoly charger and balancer means this wont happen. I think the stigma comes from the experiences of people using them incorrectly and from earlier lipoly batteries which seem to be less stable. Many people don't know that auto balancers exist now so you cannot mess up the charging.

Anyways, G3, woot! I want one now, I just wish CA would release their with no trades as the white ones are pretty awful looking.

Could you butcher a PDW stock onto one? That can hold normal batteries with modification.

I think it would look quite good.

:)

Yes, i've done it on my G3 SG1 using the adaptor from a G3 SAS although i'm probably going to front wire it with a lipo in the RIS or something in a PEQ box.

Ill wait till a metal body version appears (and I have no doubt that it will) and/or CA stop putting utterly **** trademarks on their version.

well that lad on sunday had a CA G3 it looked okay, untill you saw the freakin gay trades on it, so i'd have to agree with you there.

i swear if i ever win the lottery, ima buy me one of these...

...brain storm!!!... IMA BUY THE FACTORY XD *laughs evily* then my plan for world domination will begin *laughs evily some more*

Archived