Pictures of your weapon

Havoc, watch out I think your ACOG isn't mounted correctly. I tried the same configuration with the ICS stand-alone flip-up and the G&P ACOG Replica. The flip-up was a few milimeter too high, it wasn't possible to mount the ACOG correctly. The problem is it's hardly noticeable, but if you look at the rear end of the ACOG mountbase there should be a noticeable slit between the mount and the top edge of the rail. the ACOG is pushed about 2mm upwards at it's rear end.

At least this was my problem with this configuration

Edited by unimatrix001
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the heads-up.

Checking it out, it seems solid as a rock.

I took the BUIS off and mounted the scope on it's own, and it's actually still got a little gap at the - no more than when it's over the BUIS.

The BUIS is being pushed down all the way by the back of the ACOG, but the ACOG seems secure enough for now, and it zeros fine.

Hmmm mine was also solid mounted, but the first time I removed it I discovered a deep scratch in the rail where the front edge of the ACOG was. So I started to think about where this scratch comes from and I discovered the problem described above. Without the flip-up the ACOG was perfectly aligned, with the flip-up mounted the ACOG was lifted at the rear end and the mount caused a scratch at the front. Maybe this problem is caused by manufacturing tolerances so not every ACOG/Stand alone flip-up combo is affected. I suggest to everybody who uses this setup to check the alignment of the scope :)

*pic of screamin_weasel's m249*

just the one pic, i posted more HERE

tomorrow i will get a group photo of mine and my bruv's guns (providing it dont rain)

MMMMMMMMMM .... M249 gaaaaaaaahhh <_< I want one :(

Edited by Full Metal Jacket