Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Tanaka 870 Entry model today, early review....awesome.

No barrel wobble, heavy as hell, nice and solid. Only bad thing is that the forearm has a noticeable amount of side to side play, we'll see how that stands after some use. That said, I've ordered a real Wilson forearm to replace the tanaka plastic one. I'll take pics tonight.

ca870md1.jpg

I picked up the G&P Mad Dog foregrip; cycling the gun is extremely easy and actually stabilizes the way I shoot. Might have to get a new pistol grip to make it match up, but definitly worth the $30.

Oh, and the reason why I never bought the G&P Outer barrel is simply because the ANGS outer barrel holds down the hop-up spring in place much better than anything I've used to date. I do prefer the look of the Mad Dog outer barrel though...

Pics. I hit the ejection port with some steel wool. My real 870 is extremely silver around the edges, I think I need to wear down the gun more to match, agree/disagree?

http://lawndartdesign.com/guns/Shotgun_01.jpg

http://lawndartdesign.com/guns/Shotgun_02.jpg

http://lawndartdesign.com/guns/Shotgun_03.jpg

looks good.

if you could wear it exactly like ur real 870 then by all means go for it. its just unrealistic wear that is just horrible.

Whitedingo: Thanks, it looks a bit odd if you look at it as is, but actually looks quite normal if you look at the gun when it is being held/fired.

cyclops, that's an awesome foregrip but I'd get a new pistol grip to match. maybe something like this: http://cheaperthandirt.com/SHT086-56149-2166.html

it would be easy to fit on the maruzen too.

I was thinking about a TacStar, but for some reason, I find them kind of uncomfortable. I was thinking of going back to a Houge Tamer (like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Hogue-Pistol-Grip-Remi...1QQcmdZViewItem) but still havent really decided. The thing right now is, the G&P foregrip matches the finish of the Witness Protection grip quite well, whereas the Houge has too much of a rubber finish and the TacStar would look too shiney in contrast with the G&P foregrip... Agh, I dunno... lol

Titleist: Looks good as it is, maybe polish up the inner portion of the outer barrel perhaps? I think the rest of the wear will come on its own quite nicely. As always, great pics!

cyclops, that's sweeeeet! I'd never have thought of putting a vertical foregrip on a sawn-off-handled shottie would work. Still, that looks sweet. I'm thinking of getting another CA870 now and making a "Leon Kennedy" M870 (yeah, it says M1100-P in Resi 2, but that ain't fooling me none. ;)) Only thing i'd do different is to get the ribbed barrel with vertical front section version, put it on a standard pistolgrip CA870 and replace (only temporarily) the foregrip with a shorty pump handle (well, looks are just as important as skirmishability arent they? ;)) In the past, i've found it's better to have different parts to change the shottie for whatever game it'll be used in (if anyone remembers when i had my full stocked, long barrelled CA870 and the difference the folding stock and pistol-grip made as an optional extra, they'll know what i mean)

Titleist: Looks good as it is, maybe polish up the inner portion of the outer barrel perhaps? I think the rest of the wear will come on its own quite nicely. As always, great pics!

Yeah I'll polish the inner part of the barrel, that should help it. I was worried I made the ejection port a bit too silver, but it actually looks good outdoors. I think it's a bit jaring because the rest of the gun is so pristine, that'll go away with use and it should look wicked good.

I will let you know on monday/tuesday when my real Wilson Combat/Scattergun forearm comes. I've heard from other users they do fit, sometimes it's drop in, sometimes it's not, but I hope it helps reduce the side to side play from the forearm.

Now shotgun owners, answer me this (I don't have my real shotgun around to check) is there a little bit of forward/back travel normally in

the cocking levers/forearm?

Now shotgun owners, answer me this (I don't have my real shotgun around to check) is there a little bit of forward/back travel normally in

My speedfeed forend on my real 870 moves back and forth approximately 2mm when locked in the forward position. That's the actual pump arms moving, not just the pump.

My Tanaka M870 Scattergun also has some travel. Though only when the gun is un-cocked. This is rather annoying, since the travel causes the pump-arms to engage the internal loadingmechanism just enough to prevent the loading of more shells into the gun. I plan to dismantle my M870 someday and tighten every single screw in order to find the cause of this. I want it to work perfectly, especially while playing CQB and you have to load the gun up with shells before entry.