Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

I can, *fruitcage* no dedicated servers

wtf

There are never any dedicated servers bro. Unless your talking on PC, and then it doesn't really improve game play, it just gets rid of host advantage.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are never any dedicated servers bro. Unless your talking on PC, and then it doesn't really improve game play, it just gets rid of host advantage.

You must not play on PC, the whole of the PC gaming community is based on dedicated servers, that means no clan servers, no MODS! no more awesome HC S&D with great rules and great regulars. No more player made maps, etc. etc. etc.

Trust me it matters. It improves gameplay by a hundred fold.

Absolutely. Basically they've just shut down the vast majority of avenues to improve upon their game.

I've never had more fun, or been better at a game, that at the player-created hardcore realism mod for the original CoD. And the whole Project Reality mod, which is a godsend, wouldn't even exist. Sad.

Also got a hold of the fact that dedicated servers and mods went out the window for PC users. First the $60 price tag, second, the lack of collector's editions, the two week delay for the PC and possibly console versions, and then this monopoly over the servers and 3rd party content. And to think I was going to preorder it. Operation Flashpoint and Arma II is looking mighty tempting right now. <_<

Also got a hold of the fact that dedicated servers and mods went out the window for PC users. First the $60 price tag, second, the lack of collector's editions, the two week delay for the PC and possibly console versions, and then this monopoly over the servers and 3rd party content. And to think I was going to preorder it. Operation Flashpoint and Arma II is looking mighty tempting right now. <_<

ofp2 doesn't have dedicated server support for PC either.

Oh the joys of cross platform development <_<

Aw that makes me unhappy, Im sure I heard mention of a 74 but if thats defintely a 47 theres unlikely to be more than two AK rifles in the game :(

Damnit.

Despite there being an AK-47 and an AKS-74U in the first game... (even if the AKSU did have a -47 folding stock)

Well, a quick search showed me that the AK74 is used in ArmA2, Operation Flashpoint, Soldier of Fortune 2, Combat Mission: Shock Force, Steel Beast, Crysis, Operation 7, Hitman: Contracts, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men and Resident Evil 5. So for your -74 fix, start with one of those.

Though, to be honest, I've never heard of half of those...played 2 of them though. Resi 5 is the main one, and you don't pick that up until quite late in the game.

Aw that makes me unhappy, Im sure I heard mention of a 74 but if thats defintely a 47 theres unlikely to be more than two AK rifles in the game :(

Damnit.

;)

Nah I know 74s feature in those but half of them are rubbish (hitman, arm a/ op flash and crysis excepted). Im not a die hard ak 74 fanboy or anything, just thought it would be nice to have something a bit different. I liked the 74U in four but the 47s a bit overexposed...

I am not happy about the lack of dedicated servers at all, but when doing some reading about it all I came across some hiliarious angry rants on various forums worthy of being posted in that "First World Problems" website;

This is from the IW forums where people are saying whether or not they have cancelled.

Holy *suitcase*! I've never felt so happy to be a PC gamer as I am right now. I'm getting that warm fuzzy feeling of being a part of something epic.

These are great stories. Now take all that then realize that you guys posting here are a tiny tiny minority of all the people canceling preorders who have the same stories. This is really going to hurt their wallets... I've never seen anything so universal and widespread!

lol

and this;

Well TBH the pc community is like no other. We stand strong and will fight for what is rightfully ours. Your enemy on the field is your friend in times like these. We all want the same things, we all will stand our ground until our voices are heard and dealt with.

rightfully ours indeed!

And if IW and Act dont pay attention to what is happening here they are in trouble. A civil war uprising has just started and if they aren't careful this could spell their doom.

PC-gamers-unite.jpg

again, lol.

Infinity Ward are planning to implement a proprietory server system called IWNET:

'From matchmaking to private games to clan matches, Bowling touches on the many concerns that PC players seem to have about IWNET versus dedicated servers. "It doesn't mean you'll just be thrown into a random game!" he says, saying that playlists, the party system and friendslists will make playing with clans or setting up scrimmage sessions "easier and hassle free."'

http://kotaku.com/5385941/modern-warfare-2...servers-says-iw

Archived