Beretta Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a real steel shooter now as opposed to airsoft, I thought I'd drop in and explain the difference between the newer 92FS frame with the tapered dustcover and radiused backstrap.

The dustcover on newer Beretta 92FS models was tapered around 2005 after the switch to polymer parts such as the guide rod, trigger, safety and slide release. The reason was to maintain commonality with a design change to the Beretta 96FS. The early 96FS had problems with the frame cracking around the rear dustcover area due to increased pressures of the .40 S&W ammo as opposed to the 9mm. To fix this, Beretta added material to the affected area giving the dustcover a tapered look. For a while this only affected the 96 series of pistols, but then in an effort to reduce production costs, the 92 was given the same dustcover.

The radiused backstrap is an effort to make the Beretta fit people with smaller hands, making the reach to the double action trigger position slightly shorter.

That's all I got!

-Evan

Just received

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

Once more I own an M9 :) after many months - Thank you Gunner.

KSC and full of metally goodness - feels great, excellent recoil and noise . Much better than TM (did I ever mention I gave my TM M9 away :) ). I prefer the magazine to the old style already (sold a HW KSC M9 months ago to get one of these but ehobby sold out).

and finally - they actually have the red loaded chambre marking on the ejector:)

DSC00921.jpg

It's almost perfect - just needs a metal barrel. Of course the decocker works :D

DarkMM :flamed:

Nice, I'm looking to get one of those. Small question, are the white trades engraved, or just on the surface? I'm not a big fan of the white trades, but if they were engraved then I could fill 'em up with black paint.

Nice, I'm looking to get one of those. Small question, are the white trades engraved, or just on the surface? I'm not a big fan of the white trades, but if they were engraved then I could fill 'em up with black paint.

After just testing by filing my finger nail tip - Engraved.

Now if someone would produce a hush-puppy kit for it.....

DarkMM :flamed:

The thing about KSC M9's that always bothered me is that the hammer is too small... I don't know why they didn't fix it on their "professional training pistols" which are supposed to be almost exact copies. Hammer size is pretty significant to operational "feel."

If it weren't for the hammer and the plastic barrel, I almost certainly would have picked one up myself.

The thing about KSC M9's that always bothered me is that the hammer is too small... I don't know why they didn't fix it on their "professional training pistols" which are supposed to be almost exact copies. Hammer size is pretty significant to operational "feel."

If it weren't for the hammer and the plastic barrel, I almost certainly would have picked one up myself.

Would you be able to fit a KJW or TM hammer? I can't imagine that the hammer is that different between makes.

Evan