Tokyo Marui Hobby Show Teaser Trailer

GingaNinga

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you mean you hope they are compatible with the old ones? the only difference really is the mainspring housing area (at least on the RS). On the RS you can have SIG Sauer retrofit so the new grips fit(via filing), but obviously not the other way around without buying a new frame.

do you mean you hope they are compatible with the old ones? the only difference really is the mainspring housing area (at least on the RS). On the RS you can have SIG Sauer retrofit so the new grips fit(via filing), but obviously not the other way around without buying a new frame.

Nope, i was referring to how the guarder mbks are a pain in the *albatross* to install. I know some of the other p226 mbks are easier to fit, but as ive read the quality on those arent that great either. Thus if the old mbks arent compatible it would force the companies who make the mbks to make new and hopefully better versions of them.

• 1 month later...

it's not a 9mm AUG just a very short one... unfortunately.

Didn't say it was...just said it was a new AUG on their site that no one else had posted about yet.

As someone with an A2 (and about 20 mags), I'm fine with it taking standard mags. However, the Google Translation of the page seems to imply that they've redesigned the AUG high-caps and the old ones might not work. Any Japanese speakers out there that can confirm or deny?

Didn't say it was...just said it was a new AUG on their site that no one else had posted about yet.

I know some detail pics of the 9mm AUG have already been posted, but this doesn't seem to have been posted yet (apologies if I've missed it):

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/01/hc_steyr/index.html

Ok, you didn't then... .

I sure hope a good parts manufacturer will come up with a 9mm adapter.

Ideal for CQB.

Maybe someone of the moderator team can add this topic to this one.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=195909

As someone with an A2 (and about 20 mags), I'm fine with it taking standard mags. However, the Google Translation of the page seems to imply that they've redesigned the AUG high-caps and the old ones might not work. Any Japanese speakers out there that can confirm or deny?

Not a native speaker nor ever went to a Japanese class :P

It seems the old style magazines are still usable and "not perform as well as the new ones".

And the safety button will get a new semi-auto mode, center position between SAFE and FIRE.

edit: spell and grammar fix

im loving the upper receiver. hopefully someone can make a front set kit similar to the current ones to build a more proper Aug A3. otherwise ill just be happy to get this as it is.

im guessing they just revisited the mags to make sure they fed fast enough and had to change a few things.

some info im getting from the engrish

•25RPS on the marui 8.4v batteries

•Middle position added to safety button for a semi auto lock (similar to the operation of FN P90 & F2000 selectors)

•suggested retail price is $430. after they get to HK, id expect around $350

I was never a fan of the AUG raised rail/scope. This looks much more useful to me.

Another thing I never liked about the AUG was the weak front grip. While the bottom rail on this looks completely off, it seems like a more practical solution all the same.

Not a big fan of the bullpup design but strangely drawn to this.

I'm thinking if they can retail this in the UK for £300 and under (unlikely but there is hope)...........

And I can keep the weight below 3KG with batteries, fully loaded mag, scope, light/laser, this will be one very fun CQB run and gun primary wub.gif

That bottom RIS attachment is the worst designed, ugliest POS I've seen in a long time....

Yuk.

I agree with you completely, that bottom RIS is garbage. Thank God for after market companies. Someone with a sense of style will make a flush RIS soon enough. Now if someone would only make a STANAG conversion kit for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived