1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Taiwan KSC has a plastic slide.

I don't know if mine's a lemon, or just an extreme case as it started doing it after less than a hundred rounds, but I put it down to the lack of a flanged recoil plug... and so the path of least resistance as the fires appears to be to force the whole recoil assembly out of the front of the gun (partly due to the relatively shallow fit of the barrel bushing)

In any case, I'll probably buy a couple of PDI recoil springs and plugs towards the end of the month, so if they work it'll be a reasonably cheap issue to fix.

LJ,

My KSC 1911 does the exact same thing- so no it's not you and it's not the Taiwan version only.

-G

You mean the CP parts, or the KSC 1911 totally failing at life?

Edit:

Well, in any case, I shot a (terrible) 3gp video with my phone.

Frame rate is too poor to actually capture it, but basically what you see is 2 shots being fired, on the second the recoil spring, plug, and bushing fly out of the front of the gun.

Video here

Edited by Lithium Jack

Here's the 1911 line up.

From left to right:

Japanese KSC 1911 (plastic slide)

Taiwanese KSC 1911 (metal slide)

TokyoMarui / PGC 1911 (metal frame and slide, waiting on a PGC metal barrel)

dsc08262vz1.jpg

dsc08263ss6.jpg

To really illustrate the differences between KSC's mags, in both pics below, Japanese KSC 1911 on the left, Taiwanese KSC 1911 on the right:

dsc08264eu6.jpgdsc08266fj5.jpg

Considering on UN Company's website, when you click on the Taiwanese Metal Slide 1911 they list the KSC Japanese style mag as a optional accessory at the bottom of the page:

Click link here

it really shouldn't be my fault that I unknowingly opted to buy the incorrect mags that they recommend to go with the gun.

Edit:

I finally got an email back from them -

Dear Sir

Thanks for your reply, we are sorry that the new version M1911 do not fit the old version M1911 mag. 

Please accept our apologized that the inconvenience caused.

Please advise if you want to send the the mag to us for change.

Thanks & Regards

Sales

UN Co

I'm just hoping that they would cover my costs for sending back the mags due to the error being made by them. <_<

RedWolf sells a stainless barrel for the Hi-Capa 5.1 here. They say it has "Realistic "MRP .45ACP" marking." So either MRP is an authentic marking, or RedWolf is misinformed.

It's impossible to search this, if you type "MRP" into Google followed by anything about guns you get a million sites for the Monolithic Rail Platform...

But I do know that ACP is Auto Colt Pistol.....right?

Yep, even though the .45 ACP was designed by John Browning.

Enought talk.....

more action...:)

Well got this yesterday....

post-374-1167956863_thumb.jpg

And did you know what was in it?

post-374-1167956970_thumb.jpg

Yeap got me a used Colt Commande LW :)

I'm liking it.

but there is a little voice in the back of my head......needs metal...

You guys may laugh but here is my WE 1911A1. I bought it a while ago and I didn't like it that much. Figured I'll toy around with polishing since I've never done it before. I guess I was going after that two-tone look, I also painted the stock brown grips semi-flat black.

Before:

IMG_0393.jpg

After:

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

Hey thanks for the compliments, I figured i would get laughed at because of all the sweet WA 1911's on this thread.

The "after" looks infinitely better than the "before" pics. Excellent job! How did you polish it up so well? Did you end up repainting the black parts? They look more matte than the before pics.

I sanded the paint off the slide using 220 grit, then did it again using 400 then 600. Then I polished the slide with my dremel using NOXON metal polish which gave it a pretty good shine. Lastly I hand polished it with BLUE MAGIC. The only things i painted were the grips, I guess it just looks more matte because of the bad lighting in the picture.