SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to take this slightly off topic here guys - To the L85 AFV owners out there, do you have a nightmare getting the custom shaped battery into the space designed to take it?

I think im going to end up stripping all the insulation off the wires by taking it in and out?

A

EDIT - Sorry technically it should be the L22 A2 AFV but you all know what i mean :P

Edited by Ghola
Only time my lot get to touch an A2 is on the DCCT Range (the giant play station.) Oh god OTC cant stand them there so far up there own arses when they yawn they can see the planes passing over head.

Grim

yer i recently went to an dcct thing. it was pretty good until the pc broke down and we had to stop.

technically it should be the L22A1 :P

Noes, the STAR version is the A2 but we are really splitting hairs here!

A1

sa80l22a1tl2.jpg

A2

sa80l22a2pi3.jpg

They use the 17mm dia batteries. Its basically a mini/stick battery in a different configuration. Stacked all side to side in one long panel instead of side by side with one on the end like a mini.

Pain in the *albartroth* to get in though. Im still looking for an effective means of powering the AEG without using those "custom" batts.

A

the first one you posted above was never adopted as a service weapon and as such was never given an L designation...

Therefore when the second one you posted was adopted as L22, it was the first L22 to be adopted, and as such was given the designation L22A1...

Hehe, yes i was just going by manufacturing runs. I have to say i didnt know they never adopted the A1, i was told by a friends whos in the Para's that they have both but are trying to get rid of the older one. He could have been mistaken but hes usually pretty good with keeping me up to date with info. Funnily enough he says they are rarely used by the tank crews, which is what they were intended for originally i think.

I still need to get mine chrono'd to check its ok before i use it.

A

the first one you posted above was never adopted as a service weapon and as such was never given an L designation...

Therefore when the second one you posted was adopted as L22, it was the first L22 to be adopted, and as such was given the designation L22A1...

agreed L22A1 is current issue. If I remember the original was just refered to as L85A1 carbine. Thats were a lot of people get confused with the current L85A2 carbine...

anyway pics of mine at proteus a while back:

G_Proteus_May07.jpg

will have more action shots in proper combat gear in the next couple of weeks...

• 2 weeks later...

owners of the LSW and AFV, i need your help!

I need images of the LSW bipod and it's mounting system, flash hider, rear grip and handguard. For the AFV i need the fore section of the weapon, so the ris grip and the AFV parts.

quality images with good lighting would be appreachated, the reason i need them is for a weapons Mod for Graw 2.

cheers

belly