1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just added a rail to the bottom of my WA Kimber MARSOC for a laugh.... turns out i actually quite like it :huh:

Not sure ATM about keeping it on, its on using the original rail holes so its not done any damage to the frame so it comes off pretty easy ;)

Let me no what you think

kimber005.jpg

kimber001.jpg

Cheers

*AL* aka Lofty

img]

TM MEU with the following Mods

Nova Kimber Warrior Frame & Slide

Airsoft Surgeon Blowback Unit, recoil spring & Enhanced Loading Nozzle

Nineball extended slide stop & safety

Tanio Koba Threaded outer barrel with one touch adapter

Rose Wood Grips (temporary fitment)

King Arms H&K Pro Silencer 120mm

6:01 Tightened inner barrel

How is that AS BBU working out for you? Im putting together a custom M1911-A1 based off the one used in Metal Gear Solid 3, and I want to get the best performance out of it that I can. I was looking at that Blow Back Unit, and was wondering if it is worth the $50USD?

The AS BBUs are actually very nice, they reduce the weight of the slide very much. I had one in my Limcat Custom and that coupled with the recoil buffer really reduced travel time of the slide.

Also I have a spare brand new AS BBU laying around I am willing to part with CHEAP, PM me if interested

Alark what rail is that you added to your 1911?

Edited by SniperSidd
Alark what rail is that you added to your 1911?

In all honesty mate i dont know <_< .

I had a WA Para P14.45 that was built up for IPSC style and it was on there when i got it, i got rid of the Para but forgot that i still had the rail :D so it was bunged on the Kimber for a laugh.

Its gonna be coming back off though, keep it nice and plain i think.

Cheers

*AL* aka Lofty

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq184/c...9/IMG_02711.jpg

TM springfield armoury. real wood caspians. 3 hole trigger, no idea of make, ambi safety. yeh

but how many of your guns have been stolen and in the hands of a criminal until the police drug raid the house and find it?

That's quite nice looking. The polished parts look a little scratched though.

Not sure what that last part is about though. crackisbad would probably be the one to talk to...

Anyhow, here is my WA 1911A1 with a few new parts installed. I didn't think I like the flat MSH but now I feels better than the curved, so I'm glad I bought it even though it's a different color. Also put in a steel barrel and chamber set and a full steel recoil spring and guide setup, but I'm not sure whether or not to polish the barrel and chamber.

picture001-1.jpg

picture002-2.jpg

The steel bits really make up for the weight lost when I swapped to an ally slide, but I've been having a few reliability problems.

This pistol reminds me of someone once said they lost a gun with a tightbore and a a bunch of other stuff that did nothing other than make the gun more expensive. :P

The AS BBU is holding up quite well and seems to do a good job. I will be fitting some more to my other 1911 projects eventually, but its not urgent.

Charlieboy69 - loving your Springfield, what frame is it that youve sanded and how do you keep it maintained

Cheers

Charlieboy69 - loving your Springfield, what frame is it that youve sanded and how do you keep it maintained

errmmmm i bought it off sherlock on here a while back (he gave me a great price too) a

"Custom polished standard PGC frame. Check UNCompany. They've made ones not polished for $500 USD. Good starting point with insurance."

that was what he said when i asked him about the value (for my insurance) because it was stolen in august. the police then recovered it and returned it to me kindly. hence all the scratching. so glad the guy didnt try and fiddle with it.

threada is here and page 3 has pics (dont want to spam this thread with none 1911s)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...wtopic=15306914!

i dont want to clean it up though. i think the scratches and its history give it character that few other guns have

Edited by charlieboy69

It's been a really good holidays for me....The desert Kimber I've had for a couple of months, the MEU Early I had last spring, and sold...got it back thanks to my wife, and now I'll never let either of them go.

Picture-1.jpg

I used to trade WA's out like they were clones...but now I'm sticking to it. I want tight bores in both and I'm thinking of doing a couple more things as well.

I want one more to put Hogue grips and a threaded outer barrel.

I did put the original waffle grips back on the Kimber. My house mate (a former Marine) took the Desert MARPAT Grips from me and put them on his Kimber.

I also switched the outer barrel assemblies from each gun, as I think the black chamber looks better with the black hardware on the Kimber, and the stainless steel from the Kimber looks good with the three hole trigger on the MEU.

Loves me some WA's 1911's.....

Edited by ruvon

Heres the standard group shot

pict0242.jpg

pict0241.jpg

and the main reason I'm posting

New toy time :)

PICT0236.jpg

PICT0237.jpg

WE/Socom Gear MEU(SOC)

and just because I can because it has a threaded barrel.

Shhh I'm huntin' wabbits

PICT0238.jpg

PICT0239.jpg

an' zombies

pict0240.jpg

Springfield V12

dsc01263aq2.jpg

dsc01271vy7.jpg

dsc01277xk5.jpg

dsc01270lu0.jpg

dsc01267pi6.jpg

dsc01269fx7.jpg

dsc01273gv9.jpg

dsc01272ad3.jpg

Parts list:

Tokio Marui MEU Base

Shooters Design MEU Frame

Shooters Design V12 Slide

Shooters Design V12 Chamber and Barrel

NOVA 3 Hole Trigger

NOVA Main Spring Housing

NOVA Magazine Catch

NOVA Extended Slide Release

KM Stainless Hammer

Carom Ivory Grips

Guarder 150% Hammer and Recoil Springs

It is not 100% finished.. I am still waiting for the thumb safety and the recoil guide.

Edited by baias6230