1911 Picture Thread

tomo, how well does it shoot?

Shoots really well, its accuracy is amazing. The stock spring is a little weak and the spring guide is way too short which results in the slide wobbling around a little. If you're willing to spend some time and cash upgrading it then its definitely a pistol worth considering. I've got a very expensive Western Arms MEU (early version) pistol and the socom out shoots this easily.

The socom magazines aren't that great IMO though, both of mine are slowly losing their base plates as the loading spring slowly pushes them out of the housing. There doesn't appear to be any way to tighten them back up, so its gonna be a case of glueing them back in when they get too lose.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Many thanks 'baias6230' :) As you may have gathered im a total 'nut' when it comes to TM 1911s and im forever tinkering with one or another :rolleyes:

The 'Ed Brown Special Forces' project is now complete and i shall try to get some photos up soon.

I am also a big fan of the 1911's from childhood. They have their specific beauty and i have a weaknees for them. :P

Edited by baias6230

Did 'golf-balling' (dimpling.. I know. but the first sounds funnier) give you some hairy moments?

Was it done via a drill and a clamp pusing the frame towards it?

looks nice anywho

Did 'golf-balling' (dimpling.. I know. but the first sounds funnier) give you some hairy moments?

Was it done via a drill and a clamp pusing the frame towards it?

looks nice anywho

'Golf balling' :lol:

I did the dimpling effect by using a 'Dremel' with a 3mm, round headed, grinder attachment which was not that easy to use but seemed a safer idea than using a drill bit :unsure: I first drew a vertical line dead centre of the fore edge of the grip, then ground by hand, a single line of holes/dimples along it and worked my way out from that.

Not quiet the 'Chainlink' effect that the real steel 'Ed Brown' has but it looks OK and works well for 'gripiness' :unsure::lol:

I had alot of trouble with the grip safety (Tanio Koba) :angry: , which if you are thinking of using for a TM1911A1 it will require alot of filing at the inner/underside of the thumb safety hole/tube area, as its based on the TM 5.1 type, yet they (TK) state that its for both, WRONG!!! Its not ;)

Im now working on (I am an addict for customizing TM1911s!!!!) the 'NightHawk Talon II' (pics posted on the 2011 thread), swapping out the 4.3 frame for a 1911A1 type:rolleyes:

See below pic of real steel pistol...

post-42289-1240494622_thumb.jpg

waaaaaaaaah...

that's a hot laser

never seen it before

what is it? :]

and where and how much you get it

As Weirdguy said it is Laser Max UNI-MAX, retails for 190$. But the one I have in the photo isn't mine, I borrowed it form a friend for the photo. But I am planning to buy a similar unit.

@ Crow - Very nice pictures. Very detailed...

First picture looks like an in-game photo, very impressive, looks great.

The laser is more expensive than the gun :P

Nices pics btw, now put a flashlight in the laser rail!

Thanks guys.

About the gun, I'm planning on getting a slide and barrel with trademarks, and a new grip. But I have no $$ so that's gonna have to wait.

1911A1 as it should be:

pict0102v.jpg

Inspired by the 1911 that Naked Snake begins 'Operation Snake Eater' with.

And one of the box i built for it, only cheap plywood but i volunteer in a recycling place and get the stuff for free and the tools to build it:

pict0101c.jpg

'FireKnife'