Good man :D  I'd never spring for one of those though, it's a lot of money to spend on a collectors piece, I don't think I'd ever use it for its intended purpose...

Ordered one and was quoted with a insane waiting period, gonna get a Microtech QD Scarab instead :P

-Mike

:cookiemonster:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strider are increasingly making fixed blades with G10 handles now (or the SLCC, which had no handle material, per se).

My DB-L NSN has grooved G10 handles and it's an absolute beauty. Very grippy even when wet (tried it, didn't mean to ;)) and when covered in blood, apparerently (not tried it, never mean to :P). Keep an eye out on the various Strider dealers' sites - there are some super deals about if you look, especially on some of the more limited blades (like my DB-L NSN, one of 100, cost no more than a regular DB-L), and many of them now come with G10 grip slabs as opposed to cord-wrapping.

Oh, not sure if you've ever handled a real Strider before, as opposed to a Buck Strider. Not knocking the Buck Strider knives since they're very good (I have an 889 myself :)) but 'real' Striders are leagues ahead.

Speaking of Striders....

DSC00431.jpg

As promised a while back (gorram PC World <_<):

Knife closed, front and back:

Knife1.jpg

Knife2.jpg

Knife open, front and back:

Knife3.jpg

Knife4.jpg

Detail of the writing on the blade:

Knifeblade1.jpg

It says "Smith & Wesson, SWAT Special Tactical" for those that can't read it. There's also a stamp on the back, but i couldn't get a clear pic of it. Apologies for the low quality pics, that's what you get for using a mobile... :)

Edited by Kyrian_Zenda
only thing I'd spend over 150 quid on knives ways is a microtech halo3, oh yes, i shall get one one of these days ;)

Not legally you won't ;)

Illegal to import, sadly, although to my knowledge not illegal to own as long as you don't carry it. A shame really, as they're lovely knives indeed.

Microtech do make the occasional non-auto model, so keep an eye out - they may make something similar to the Halo 3 but non-auto if you keep your eyes peeled :)

I know one member of these forums has one under his LE license and I am most jealous ;)

John Thomas Rourke carried only the finest weapons. As far as pistols went, he routinely carried a pair of Detonics Combat Masters. Later, a pair of Detonics Score Masters were added. He also carried Colt and S&W .357 and .44 Magnum revolvers. In bladed weaponary, he carried a custom made Crain Life Support System X 12 inch Bowie knife. But for a smaller, concealable blade, he trusted only one knife: the A.G. Russell Sting IA Black Chrome. Sadly, the cost of one of these now makes it unlikely I will own one. However, Columbia River Knives and Tools make an authorised copy. And here is it:

44sting.jpg

1911sting.jpg

sting.jpg

I love this so very very much.

:zorro:

Heres my favorite knife, I got it from my grandfather about two years ago and I am not sure where he got it so I'm not sure what brand it is or if its ever seen military action. I had a custom sheath made for it and its made of nylon with metal sheath under and a plastic slot for a sharpening stone. The blade is nearly a foot long and its about a foot and a half overall.

IM000467.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sir, did you groove that G10 yourself? Its looks absolutely superb, like a professional job! Did you use a mill or some sort of template?

-Jake