Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question on lipo's

which ones featured on ebaybanned.com will fit in the stock tube of a an M4?

Don't forget that "fit" is a very relative term. There are so many different manufacturers of buffer/stock tubes out there that some give you more space than others. And there are also variances in both inner diameter space as well as depth. Generally speaking, most buffer tubes have adequate inner diameter but depth is where they truly vary the most. Even with buffer tubes specifically devised to accommodate lipos (both G&P and KA make one), you are generally unable to close off the back of the buffer tube with the included cap as wiring and often plugs get in the way. This means that while using lipos, you more than likely will not be able to fully collapse your carbine stock. On the plus side... not many shooters operate with their stock fully collapsed anyway. And on some stocks, the stock itself is a little longer than the standard carbine stock (like the VLTOR EMOD) so you actually can collapse some stocks. CTRs are great in that, while you may not be able to fully collapse the stock, the rear of the stock has a built in cap so you won't see the wiring inside.

Sorry, that was a pretty verbose explanation.

thanks that was very informative.

however will i need a new charger for these lipo's?

stock batteries especially the nunchuck ones have given me alot of grief.

and i would love to fit a CTR stock or a SOPMOD stock onto my SR16 URX

New to lipos?

Read: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...t&p=1863285

Got some new things. First up, the Shrike:

100_2163.jpg

Just waiting on my CTR stock. Magpul sent me the riser, but not the stock.

Next, the Vltor. Only 2 things have changed since last time. I'll give you a hint: one of them is the ranger plates for the Pmag's.

100_2164.jpg

But what is the other? Look closlier:

100_2167.jpg

Gas piston! My ######-poor re-creation of the LWRC system! Made from an SRC HK416 piston assembly.

Edited by babybackribs

A gas piston replaces the gas system by using said piston system to cycle the chamber. A gas system does the same thing but directing gas from a fired round directly into the chamber. Its a far more reliable system and easier to maintain (I think). Google the HK 416, HK pioneered the system for special forces.

Ok, I'll probably sound like an idiot, but what exactly does the AR piston do? I don't know much about real steel, but don't AR's usually have a gas tube there? Is the piston a replacement/upgrade or something?

its cleaner. instead of blowing hot carbon gasses into the chamber, and getting the bolt and ammunition dirty, it pushes a pistol, and that operates the bolt. a cleaner more reliable system.

ribs: thats what i mean... how do you do that? its underneath the rail... im sorry, i dont understand! :P

sorry for the off-topic-ness

anyway, arnie-o: as stated by v10, it is actually a real-steel m203 handguard, made by bushmaster. i love it.

V10: that picture of yours was my wallpaper, and avatar for the longest time. it was my inspiration!

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe
A gas piston replaces the gas system by using said piston system to cycle the chamber. A gas system does the same thing but directing gas from a fired round directly into the chamber. Its a far more reliable system and easier to maintain (I think). Google the HK 416, HK pioneered the system for special forces.

Okay HK did not pioneer it at all......

for heavens sake, m1 garands are piston operated, its not the holy grail people

And sorry for going off on tangent, but we are not starting this argument here, you will find plenty of info in off topic, search for something like "HK416 am teh sechs" and you should find enough bs to wet your whistle.

Edited by Azulsky

Pioneered was the wrong word, point being he wanted to know what a gas piston system was and voila...

Okay HK did not pioneer it at all......

for heavens sake, m1 garands are piston operated, its not the holy grail people

And sorry for going off on tangent, but we are not starting this argument here, you will find plenty of info in off topic, search for something like "HK416 am teh sechs" and you should find enough bs to wet your whistle.

The gas pistons are available at Evike for about $30 shipped.

Bought one for my project a couple weeks ago.

-Vic

Edit: To avoid the flood of PMs (thanks to Evike's 1337 search engine):

http://www.airsoftpost.com/sr516-series-p-30058.html

Edit 2: Also, BabyBackRibs, how did you manage to install yours straight? The only way I figure it'd work with my setup, is to have it crooked. :mellow: Which is pretty unrealistic, as others have pointed out.

Edited by Victory