1911 Picture Thread

What would you recommend? I'm not sure that I have that many options. I'm not sure that I would need to update tough if I go the stock black slide lock and 4.3 thumb safety route with a TK 3-hole.

Anything aside from those old school sights. NOVAKS would be nice, a set of Heinie's would be better (IMO, at least).

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I think that it would be virtually impossible to fit NOVAK's without re-machining the whole back of the slide.

The Heinie's may be possible with a lot of modding but I'm not so sure about them either.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I could do this please let me know.

how did you go about doing that to the frame? i would love to do it to my 1911. its pretty scratched in places and untouched in others so id like to give it an all around worn look.

cheers

friendlyfire how did you get that finish? it looks amazing! im guessing it was sanding/polish, but what combination? it makes me want to get a tm with a guarder kit just to try it.

I didn't do much to it just a razor to the edges of the gun and an aluminum oxide 150 grit sandpaper to it. Of course I had the slide, body, and gips seperate when I did it.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Unfortunately I think that it would be virtually impossible to fit NOVAK's without re-machining the whole back of the slide.

The Heinie's may be possible with a lot of modding but I'm not so sure about them either.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I could do this please let me know.

Even those "Government CQB" style sights would be better than the standard rears. See if you can source a set of those?

What is the best way to get rid of paint on frames and slides? ive tried sanding it but there is only so much sanding i can do and its difficult in places. is there a household paint remover i can use or are there certain ways/products available to remove paint?

cheers

Sorry for cutting in discussion, I'd like to give some comment on the before discussion on the stainless Delta and the various options.

I feel, this polished look of beavertail, thumb savety and slide lock are too much on the Delta with black muzzle, black sights and grip. Would fit the concept with black barrel.

I'd prefer the black Kimber style trigger (with the black version), as you have it installed on the fotos, over a three hole trigger. Maybe think about a massive black variation, mid size, maybe straight cut … would give decent style in my opinion.

Issue with the sights, I'd recommend those more massive CQB sights that are installed on the early MEU version for example. Should share the same base size but have more modern look. With other modern sights you might have to work off the curve of the slide top. Would be a shame.

Maybe there are some aftermarket sights that are supposed to fit on 1911A1-style slides and fit on the curved slide.

But already nice Delta yet. Would love to have one too.

In terms of sights, I would like to point out that the PGC does come with higher, white 9well silver) marked sights, front and rear. They are already imporved over the stock A1 sights and are decently close to what a Delta would have.

Now I would rather have a Heini on there (or on my own) but I don't have the metal skill to pull it off.

I was wondering … but you obviosly mean higher compared to classic 1911A1 low profile sights … yes, that's true, but still kind of streched classic version, and black …

prowin-mu-1911-deltaelite-sv_big.jpg

I'd like it that way, but modern sights (extending to the back like Novaks, Dovetails etc.) would be a major issue to fit.

I thought about this version, even straight but bold … there are some variations in real steel which could be fitted somehow easily and without putting away too much material off the delta slide.

wa-meu-early_big.jpg

Edited by SamJacksonFan
Sorry for cutting in discussion, I'd like to give some comment on the before discussion on the stainless Delta and the various options.

I feel, this polished look of beavertail, thumb savety and slide lock are too much on the Delta with black muzzle, black sights and grip. Would fit the concept with black barrel.

I'd prefer the black Kimber style trigger (with the black version), as you have it installed on the fotos, over a three hole trigger. Maybe think about a massive black variation, mid size, maybe straight cut … would give decent style in my opinion.

Issue with the sights, I'd recommend those more massive CQB sights that are installed on the early MEU version for example. Should share the same base size but have more modern look. With other modern sights you might have to work off the curve of the slide top. Would be a shame.

Maybe there are some aftermarket sights that are supposed to fit on 1911A1-style slides and fit on the curved slide.

But already nice Delta yet. Would love to have one too.

Thanks for the input. I am currently trying out using all black controls but with a silver bull barrel and silver guide rod. I think that overall it seems to balnace the gun out more. I also like the Kimber trigger because it is unique. It seems like most of the other Delta's are already running 3-hole TK's. Hopefully I'll have pictures of a new configuration soon if I am able to finally decide on one.

In terms of sights, I would like to point out that the PGC does come with higher, white 9well silver) marked sights, front and rear. They are already imporved over the stock A1 sights and are decently close to what a Delta would have.

Now I would rather have a Heini on there (or on my own) but I don't have the metal skill to pull it off.

I think that you hit it right on the head hkssr20det. The sights themselves work great and while it would be cool to change them out I don't have the skills to totally rework the slide to put others on. However, I intend to keep looking and if I find something that I can fit then I will try to use it.

What is the best way to get rid of paint on frames and slides? ive tried sanding it but there is only so much sanding i can do and its difficult in places. is there a household paint remover i can use or are there certain ways/products available to remove paint?

cheers

I used steel wool, 600 grit sand paper and a couple of other higher grits... as well as Goof Off, but I would assume most any paint thinner would be fine and work better.

Krame used a dremel I believe, and I can only assume that would speed up the process quite a bit.

Sand blasting.....gets into all the crevices and place where sanding is hard to get to....(only recommand this if the trade is deep enough, more CNC slides will be ok), then afterwards you sand the slide from the 80-120 grit up to whereever you think the finish is good for you(really smooth and mirror like is to 1000-2000 grit + polish compound)....

I've just paid for my Kimber MARSOC kit.

Also got this coming

Ready to be chopped to fit. Just going to be using main spring housing, beaver tail and grip safety.

So are you switching those parts to a TM 1911 (and with MARSOC KIT), if so does this mean the Hi Capa main spring housing fits on the 1911 and what of after market spring housings?

I'm going to make a guide on how to fit TM Hi Capa MSHs on 1911s. You need to remove material from the "hump" on the back, bottom, and you need to shorten the rails (plus take a smidge off the sides). Just compare the two and you will see.

Detonics is finally complete:

6fbe0244.jpg

33ae3b0e.jpg

999dfe1a.jpg

c648b222.jpg