• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloodred, Nice! How's the drum mag working for you?

As I said in my review, it's awesome, although the mag catch on the back of mine was built wrong (slightly too low to snap in place) so it didn't fit into my gun (TM AK47 with stock body). I was able to modify my gun's mag catch to fit it by grinding the mag release/catch lever down a little with a dremel (and then I superglued plastic spacers to my other mags so they would fit properly), so now it fits fine, and apparently everyone elses' fit fine so I guess I got a defective one or something. Nevertheless, once I got it to fit, it fires great, no misfeeds or anything, and it seems very sturdy.

(see my review for a much more detailed explanation and some pics of the mods)

I've had my ak for a year now and it's starting to get pretty creaky. Wich would reduce the creaks better a metal body or a wood kit. I don't really have the money for both.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

By the way, I'm definitely jealous of that drum mag.

Edited by SABRE100

mag_done.JPG

Real-steel 5,45mm AK-74 polycarbonate mag converted to airsoft with G&P midcap internals. These are so much nicer than the G&P mags I'm currently using that I think I will convert all my mags. If I can find more RS ones, that is.

Edited by Carbine

Wow, so many cool Aks. I always liked AKs, I wanted just a modern AK rifle (like a CA SLR 105 A1), and an early AK rifle (original style AK47 like the TM, but with metal and wood). Now I want like 5 AKs. Damn you people with nice airsoft collections. Gonna have to go get another job here...

So what is the best and most affordable wood kit and folding stock for making an AK74su out of a Spetsnaz?

sorry to intrude with a noob question here but i have absolutely no experience with AK's. ok, after seeing ledpocket's newest creation, i have decided that my next gun will be an AK and i will try to model it as closely to Led's as possible, but i plan on building it from a Beta Spetz so here are my questions

1) where in the hell can i find the folding stock like on the ak47s

2)im guessing the gun can be rewired to take the AK stick battery right?

3)im also guessing again the spetz has the same reciever type as the regular AK47 and would be able to take a stick battery.

4)has anyone else done this? i looked thru these pics here but i didnt see any.

i am teh ak noob...

Unfortunately the folding stock is simply not available as a spare part - unless you have good contacts in Japan/HK. You will have to buy it with an AK kit(e.g. Guarder) or buy it second hand as a whole gun or parts. As far as I'm aware there are three manufacturers that make AK47S aftermarket receivers(not whole kits). They are G&G, DTP and PDC all on Wargamers. Only other alternative is to buy said full kit and you get everything you need, however, it's pricey.

A fully stocked AK can be easily rewired to hold the battery in the upper receiver cover. All you need is some wire snippers and soldering iron etc.

The Spetz does indeed use the same receiver as regular AK47's. Under the sheet metal receiver cover there is a space for the battery which, when not being used, is taken up by a piece of tube.

Personally not done it myself, so Ledpocket is the man to speak to, but you are going to need some basic metal/plastic working skills and suitable tools and generally be a competent modeller. However, it should be an easy affair to cut the barrel/gas tube down and re-mount the parts.

Best of luck.