Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first picture makes the color look a lot better, It's the flash thats throwing it off I guess. The paintjob looks real good though. It would be nice to see some outdoor pictures of it, laid over camo/gear to get a better feel for it.

Yeah.. I've been trying to get a hold of one for a while... But then the epoxy holding the stock tube together broke... So I just stayed with what worked... Plus I like using a 9.6v large battery... Anyways it's getting sold soon...

Didn't we just have this conversation?

H&K 416s are armalites?

Well, they are as much as Colts, FNs, Bushmasters, etc. are. ;)

if the upper fits on a Colt lower, it belongs here.

People on this forum are using 'Armalite' as a generic term for anything using the AR-15/M-16 paltform.

Edited by Zilla
Well technically a 416 belongs on the HK thread because it a HK weapon

Technically, you would be correct, but then all of the other brands of weapon would not belong here either (Stoner, Colt, Bushmaster, etc.). Only Armalite brand trademark bearing weapons would be on this thread if that were the case.

, correct me if im wrong but doesnt the FN scar upper fit on the colt lower reciever thus by what has just been quoted make it an armalite (even though it looks nothing like it)?

By trfo20's description, yes... but I don't neccassarily agree with that either. This thread should be called 'The AR15/M16/M4 Picture Thread' - but it's not. Like I said, everyone here just simply calls anything built on the AR platform Armalites.

It's kinda like when people call a hydration system a Camelback, even though it could be another brand they're using.

Technically you are all wrong. These are AR15's. And Render, Colt lowers have a slightly different pin size for the upper/lower connection then other lowers.

EDIT: I could put my Type 89 in here thanks to general stupidity, since it is derived from the Armalite AR-18.

Edited by That_One_Person
mods should just change the title of this thread to "M4/16 variants," or "the coolest and most deadly, effective, and lasting small arms weapon system issued to a soldier" thread

Exactly. USRanger, another Ranger friend of mine talk about this all the time how people automatically call these rifles Armalites.

Armalite is a company, not a type of gun. Yeah, they patented the Stoner design, but it's changed hands so many times and so many companies make 'M' series rifles now that it's a mis-nomer.

I Love the 416 and 417, my cousin is a FED DEA and he just ordered 30 of them for his department. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I think the 416s and 417s look right in this thread. I don't look at any other gun type threads and I like to see the 416/17s.

Well technically a 416 belongs on the HK thread because it a HK weapon, correct me if im wrong but doesnt the FN scar upper fit on the colt lower reciever thus by what has just been quoted make it an armalite (even though it looks nothing like it)?

In the UK the most common term for Vacuum Cleaner is Hoover. Hoover is the brand name that stuck, in the same vein Armalite has become the sort of catch all for rifles that look very much like a member of the family. We cant include the scar as its come from a different lineage altogether. The similarity is the world gun markets response to the fact that US armed forces procurements would rather buy rifles that are very similar to operate to existing units instead of paying out for retraining the entire armed forces to use a different system. Shame really as I find the setup on armalites to be uncomfortable and cack handed.