M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my TM M14 a month or two ago and havnt really been able to seriously skirmish with it yet, the other day while aiming down the sights i noticed that my front sight was canted towards the left. No matter what i try nothing really seems to remedy it, it always shifts to the left or right. Will this effect my overall iron sight accuracy very much? I plan on using it in a two day OP in August and im planning on scoping the rifle but id still like to use my Iron Sights if i had too.

I got my TM M14 a month or two ago and havnt really been able to seriously skirmish with it yet, the other day while aiming down the sights i noticed that my front sight was canted towards the left.  No matter what i try nothing really seems to remedy it, it always shifts to the left or right.  Will this effect my overall iron sight accuracy very much?  I plan on using it in a two day OP in August and im planning on scoping the rifle but id still like to use my Iron Sights if i had too.

I feel your pain. my G&G SOC16 does this same thing, try sticking an object to the side of it, and get it as close to the middle as possible, and then tighten it, and yes, it will affect your accuracy.

I got my TM M14 a month or two ago and havnt really been able to seriously skirmish with it yet, the other day while aiming down the sights i noticed that my front sight was canted towards the left.  No matter what i try nothing really seems to remedy it, it always shifts to the left or right.  Will this effect my overall iron sight accuracy very much?  I plan on using it in a two day OP in August and im planning on scoping the rifle but id still like to use my Iron Sights if i had too.

odd...

ok, check the flashhider, you see this round part near the end of the flashhider right? The part you unscrew to get the flashhider off. Ok, now this part has "teeth" pointing towards the receiver of the gun... now check the front side off the flashhider, just under the front sight post, there should be a grubscrew.

All you have to do, is screw the teethed round part so that it creates a space for the grubscrew to portrude in, that way the ring cannot move anymore and the actual flashhider should be wigglefree.

Edited by sturgis

I just got my 14 on Thursday, upgraded and everything, and its by far the most accurate AEG I've ever seen! Ive only got 2 gripes, that the stock and heatshield are creaky (the wood stock I'm ordering will fix that) and that Im stuck with horribly mangled trades on the receiver! *cries*

Anyone got any sort of fix for this? I thought some JB weld to fill in the gouge marks, then sand and spray paint it, but Id rather not paint the entire gun, I like the finish on her...