“Dan Healy and I served at Team 2 together. I was a young Frogman at the time, and he was a brilliant mentor, always looking out for others; a tough guy with a great sense of humor, he could make anyone laugh. Dan was taken from us far too soon. Now it’s our duty to share his story, keep his legacy alive, and ensure he is never forgotten. LONG LIVE THE BROTHERHOOD.” – Mike Sauers, Founder/CEO of Forged® and Former Navy SEAL
Senior Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) Dan Healy was lost when the MH-47 helicopter he was aboard crashed en route to rescue a team of four Navy SEALs who were engaged in a fierce firefight with enemy combatants. When word got back to base, their fellow SEALs went into action, filling two helicopters to go to their aid.
Due to his rank as a Senior Chief Petty Officer, Dan Healy did not have to go on the mission, but he insisted. Taking men off of the lead helicopter, SCPO Healy told the others, “Those are my men and my face is going to be the first one they see.“
In honor of the 16th Anniversary of Operation Red Wings…We will never forget.Forged
On this day..
- Gunman Airsoft newsletter week 29 2020 - 2020
- New STTI Bio BBs - 2020
- Military 1st t-shirts sale - 2018
- New inner barrel series from Lambda - 2018
- RedWolf Airsoft stock take sale - 2016
- BCB invention sparks OutDoor Interest - 2016
- G&G GM1903 A3-silver - 2015
- Up to 80% off selected items @Airsoft GI - 2015
- Magnum M.U.S.T. @Military 1st - 2015
- Mechanix Wear gloves in MultiCam at Military 1st - 2014